Light-O-Rama Forums

how to store Leaping lights? Need help

webbie

Hola

Just built 3 of our 4 leaping lights 10 foot sections, and am now trying to find a good way to store these things. I dont want to break these, took to long to build =)

ANy ifo would be great thanks

Jeff

I hang them from my floor joists in the basement. I just made a couple wooden supports on each end and then I put a 1/2" EMT conduit through them. Works pretty well and gets them out of the way.

I found these "T Racks" at Lowe's for $4.97 each and they come with the right screws. I screwed them into studs overhead and added an eye hook at the end with a bungee cord to prevent sagging on the ends.

Attached files 156339=9049-GarageHooks-CloseUp.jpg

Here's another picture of how I store my arches (a portion of which fits nicely above the garage door)

Attached files 156340=9050-GarageHooks.jpg

So far, I'm using angle brackets screwed across the garage roof trusses. I used S-hooks to attach the rope to the brackets. The brackets came with plenty of predrilled holes.

Attached files 156349=9051-2008-06 Lights - 04 - Arches

All good ways of hanging, but I don't have any place to hang them (low ceilings, tall me). I'll probably investigate a PVC/drain pipe big enough to hold the arch, put caps on the end, and toss them in with all the other christmas stuff.

Here is what I did... I took some 4" x 10' pvc pipe put some end caps on and slid the arches inside. I needed to store them outside and didn't want uv fading the lights. It workes great as I just got one out and checked it and it looked great.