Light-O-Rama Forums

Previewing Your Shows

WLP3

This is my first LOR project and unfortunately it is located 1.5 hours away from me, which makes testing out showlists a challenge.  Is there a mean of previewing how your shows will run on your computer?  It is a bit unnerving to put something together and have it not work out on the job site.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

You can start by running your show through the LOR Verifier. That should weed out most programming issues. 

Assuming you have a Visualization for your show, you can run the entire show and watch it on Visualizer.  In fact if you are running the show from a computer and if you have an internet connection there, you can even watch your show remotely.  Takes a couple network settings, but is not hard to do.  Also, again if you have an internet connection at the show location there are cameras that are inexpensive enough to leave out and not get too worried about.

Working from a MP3-G3 so working with an SD card.  I will have to play with the visualizer a bit.  I am most concerned about me making mistakes in programming.  I will have an all-on start sequence for 15 minutes followed by 3 musical sequences in succession every hour, followed by a 5 minutes all on fade out.

Using a director substantially limits the options.  I have never used a director, but I don't think there is any way to monitor / test other than driving actual controllers and lights.

Since you are running on a Basic level license, I assume that you don't have very many channels.  You could build a mock up at home that would have I assume just a single light for what in reality will become one or more strings in the real show.  Then hook up to the actual controllers and director and let it run through it's paces.  Of course that would have to be done well in advance, so no way to handle last minute changes to sequencing after the real show has been set up.