Light-O-Rama Forums

Show not running...Please help!

GrenzTravis

I am out of town and I have been having issues with my show. The show was running fine and then for two days it was not running. I had a buddy go over and check the power strip to make sure an animal didn't turn it off by stepping on the switch. He said it was on. I had him turn the power strip off and then back on. The show worked that night. It has been running every night since then. Now it is not running again. I am at a loss. The control panel says that it is starting the show but it doesn't show anything else. (Usually it says what songs are playing). The comm listener isn't showing any errors either. If anyone has any ideas on how I can get my show back up and running that would be great. You can also call me at 541 990 8376. I can remote into the show computer from here but I can't do anything physically with the show until Sunday night or Monday. Thanks in advance for any help that you can be, I know it is a busy time right now. 

First of all, since you are running from a computer and you can remote into it, you are miles ahead.  Do you by chance either have a security camera that you can watch remotely, or someone who can go over and watch the lights and tell you what is going on while you play with stuff?

I would suggest remoting into the computer and shut down the show.  Then bring up the Hardware Utility and see if you see the controllers.  If you can, see if you can control the lights via the HU.

You posted your phone number an hour or so ago.  Are you still up?  It's 2211 as I type this..

Check your scheduler as well.

I had similar issues at Halloween. The show would run fine now and tomorrow shut down. The shut downs occurred around the same time.

Since my boys are getting older I turn the show on a little later and off a little earlier.

i discovered by mere accident I started lol had Christmas 2017 in my scheduler. The Halloween 2018 and Christmas 2017 were bumping heads.

Spent 10 days and all LOR, myself and all of my friends here could throw at it, all to have it be something so simple

Once I deleted the schedule and made the new one, show ran flawlessly until Halloween over.

JR

19 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

First of all, since you are running from a computer and you can remote into it, you are miles ahead.  Do you by chance either have a security camera that you can watch remotely, or someone who can go over and watch the lights and tell you what is going on while you play with stuff?

I would suggest remoting into the computer and shut down the show.  Then bring up the Hardware Utility and see if you see the controllers.  If you can, see if you can control the lights via the HU.

You posted your phone number an hour or so ago.  Are you still up?  It's 2211 as I type this..

I am still up. 

This show is controlled by MIIP.   I am looking at the available logs and I see there is a regular miip heartbeat every two minutes which is normal during off hours. 

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Looks like its working now...

Thank you Jim for calling so late at night. Thanks also to Bob with MIIP and JR. I truly appreciate all of the help. Upon further investigation,  I believe it may have been a pesky windows update that restarted my computer. Is there a way to get MIIP to start up when the computer restarts?

I think you should be able to copy the miip shortcut here.  But I have never tested it. 

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can use the miip song stats tab to see plays which miip recorded for any time range you need.    Note that in some unusual circumstance a play may not be recorded.  Such as internet down or bad windows command. 

miipSongStats2.jpg

5 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I think you should be able to copy the miip shortcut here.  But I have never tested it. 

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Bob, as usual is spot on. I have MIIP, TinyRDS and a couple of other things in there which auto start after a reboot. 

You may need to tweak the BIOS to "Restart after power off" to make sure the machine comes back on.. You will also need a blank windows password to stop it hanging at the login prompt.

If my machine goes off for any reason it just starts everything back up again, even after a power out.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked