Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy Thanksgiving Everbody

dibblejr

Figured I’d post this tonight since many people will be traveling to and from for Thanksgiving Day.

Safe travels wherever you may go.

Be thankful for your family and friends.

JR

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving Lor family and friends :) I finally have a day off woooohoooooo lol... Yet I will probably wake up at 5:30 a.m. in anticipation for tonight's light show reveal 😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Happy Thanksgiving Lor family and friends :) I finally have a day off woooohoooooo lol... Yet I will probably wake up at 5:30 a.m. in anticipation for tonight's light show reveal 😂😂😂😂

Pushing mine back to 1 Dec. I got 80% outline RGBs tonight. You would know one strand would not light any it’s 60’ up.

Im hoping I didn’t connect it or the connector came unplugged since I didn’t screw them togethef for testing.

Lack of sequencing computer gives me time I forgot I had.

Happy lighting!

Cant wait to see the reveal.

JR

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Pushing mine back to 1 Dec. I got 80% outline RGBs tonight. You would know one strand would not light any it’s 60’ up.

Im hoping I didn’t connect it or the connector came unplugged since I didn’t screw them togethef for testing.

Lack of sequencing computer gives me time I forgot I had.

Happy lighting!

Cant wait to see the reveal.

JR

Ouch that sucks. Hopefully it's just a connection.

BTW Are MSI computers good? That seems to be the new brand that my job is carrying and I can get a fairly decent price on it. Although 16 GB of ram seems like Overkill lol but it is a gaming computer like you guys were talking about

Edited by GriswoldStyle

1 minute ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Ouch that sucks. Hopefully it's just a connection.

BTW Are MSI computers good? That seems to be the new brand that my job is carrying and I can get a fairly decent price on it. Although 16 GB of ram seems like Overkill lol but it is a gaming computer like you guys were talking about

My newest gaming laptop I got just before Christmas last year is an Allienware (Dell).

Over kill for running a show , you bet, but hopefully it will last for many years.

I am replacing my recently crashed laptop HP with another Dell. (Non gaming)

The Dell that crashed for its final time in 2017 Halloween was a Dell purchased in 2004. Dell seems to make a fairly good computer.

The HP that crashed was purchased in April 2017. Office Depot installed the SSD drive so as not to void the warranty. Guess what- warranty was voided any way.

Samsung is however going to replace the SSD Evo with a new one and has been assisting me with the recovery process.

I made the mistake of not backing up for a little over a month so all of the Christmas stuff I was working on would have been lost if not for the Samsung recovery tools.

3 more hours to go and then I will see if everything was recovered. Unfortunately I will be out at family dinner.  Won’t know until tomorrow depending on how much I drink tonight. LOL

JR

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Hope y'all get to spend some quality time with family today.  Good luck to those of you whose official first light up day is today.  Our first show usually starts at 5:00 pm on Thanksgiving Day, but since we'll be out of town from 2:00 - 10:00 pm I'll either have to schedule the show with timers or just wait until tomorrow to run the first show.

Happy Thanksgiving all!  Our show starts Sunday night and I think I'm almost ready.  Just need to install the new ground isolation filter I ordered for the input to the FM transmitter and we should be good to go.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 🦃

I just got home from work, no time off allowed for me this week. Our display is about 99% completed and will go live tomorrow at 5pm.

• The topic was locked