Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Controller Issue/Software Related

Protege94

I have 4 controllers. When I search in the hardware utility I find all 4. However controller 01 for some reason is reading inputs on channels 1/2/3 even though there are no inputs and those channels are just hooked to normal string lights. Also my 04 controller will turn on all channels within the hardware utility but when I run my sequence the controller doesn't turn on any lights? I know this sequence is not the issue because I used it last year and haven't touched it at all since.

Any thoughts? Not sure if it matters but I am on a new computer this year. I am currently hooking up my old machine that I used last year to see if that's the issue.

I restarted the computer and ran the Hardware Utility again and it still shows all 4 controllers but 3 inputs on controller 01. Also when I run a sequence that has all 4 controllers in the channel map, controller 3 and 4 become unresponsive (blinking LED) and half the channels on controller 02 dont work.

There’s a lot of missing info here.

Type of controllers

Unit IDs

HU tests actually mean very little. Think of the HU as a back door to the controller. As long as the controller has power and is connected to a know com port the HU will comm with it.

Clise that door an all bets are off. You have to have the networks configured properly to get lights on outside of HU.

And yes- connectingnto a new computer can cause commpoet issues. I just helped someone out today with the same problem.

His comm 3 turned in to comm 5 on the new laptop.

JR

Im using four gen 3 residential controllers. I swapped out the cat 5 cables, re wired the input pup and created a whole new show. Its too late to open the garage (have an infant daughter and dont want to wake her with the garage door) and test so I will try and test tomorrow around 4ish when its starting to get dusk.

OK, now you have five controllers - 4 Gen 3 16 channel AC controllers, and an InputPup.  Your statement that there are three inputs active but only string lights on those channels makes no sense.

Please give us accurate and detailed information.  What are the IDs and type of every controller.  Are the InputPup inputs configured in the HU for Normally Open or Normally Closed.  confirm if there is anything connected to any of the inputs on the InputPup.  What speed and type (enhanced or non-enhanced) is the LOR network - or are there multiple networks?

Anything else that you have not mentioned that might be useful.

The 01 controller is an AC 16 channel gen 3 controller and it was showing 3 input channels, even with the input pup completely disconnected from the network. I did a board reset on controller 01 and that seemed to correct the issue.

I am still testing right now to see if that resolved the whole issue.

I'm glad that the reset may have helped.  If it did not, and you need more help, remember that we are not mind readers.  We only know what you tell us.  So far you are telling us very little so we're having to guess at most of it.  For many of us here, either tonight or tomorrow is opening night for our shows, so we don't have time to guess at your configuration.  For example, I have no clue where the InputPup figures into this.

So, if you still need help, answer these questions:

1)  Confirm that you are using version 4.3.36 with an Advanced license - as your profile states.

2)  Unit ID and type of EVERY controller.

3)  Network speed and enhanced or non-enhanced?  If more than one network, that info for ALL networks in use, and what controllers are on each network.

Note.  If you ask for more help and DON'T answer my questions, I am NOT going to answer you.  My show opens in 32 hour 4 minutes as I type this and I don't have time to guess at what you are doing.

• The topic was locked