Light-O-Rama Forums

losing DMX connection

bdwillie

I have a problem.  Not sure where to start.  Run a sequence in editor, everything works EXCEPT the DMX stuff.  Actidongle lights are flashing as they should, all controllers have dmx signal indicators going, but non lights.  If I unplug the USB cable, and replug, it starts working normaly, until I shut down and restart sequencer, or a show on demand.  Then I have to unplug and replug the usb cable again to get it to work again. In the control lights tab, both dmx 1 universe and LOR are checked.  Did not have this problem last year.  another wrench in the works is my show computer died three days ago and I am using a backup.  So I don't know if it is an S5 problem, a computer problem, or an actidongle problem.  I have tried, new usb cable, rebooted machine.  I am looking for a power supply that will fit my old machine, it isn't a standard one.  Any ideas??

BD  It would help if you mentioned the make and model (and chassis form factor. Dell is notorious for having 3 form factors for a 'Model' Power Supply. I found one for my GX60 'small form factor  <a big mistake as it uses 1/2 height cards>)

FWIW Search Amazon for the Model   + power supply

Edited by TheDucks
forgot part

21 hours ago, TheDucks said:

FWIW Search Amazon for the Model   + power supply

The desktop is an old HP business machine.  Power supply is on amazon for 39.00  I think I may have found it the issue with the back up machine.  Corrupt driver for the actidongle.  So far holding it's own today.  Weird how the drivers go belly up when you least expect it.  Not convinced yet it is fixed, cautiously optimistic.

Yessir!  that bit me in the butt first year so it is always the first thing I check.  Looks like it MAY have been a corrupt driver associated with the actidongle.  cautiously optimistic, it is still working!