Light-O-Rama Forums

copy and paste problem

Ralph D

can anyone tell me what this means. I'm trying to copy and paste a part of my sequence in similar places in the song. i call it ding dong. but when i copy it and go to paste it a get this message.

"start time can not be less then end time. (781/781)" it might have something to do with me subdividing a few timings in between the start and end point of the copy. but i even tried to make a new track and it still gives me this massages. can anyone shed some light on this.

or is there a better way to do parts of songs that have the same measures in them.

this song im working on has 6 of the same measures in it and im trying to put my sequence i've made for that time line in it.

Thanks!

Ok, i got it, it was because of the editing i had done to the intro peace "the timing" so what i did was right clicked the first timing box scrolled down and selected make timings equal timings. and i was all good.

I have seen that many times. It's a bug. The workaround I found was to go to the cell that had the problem and redo the effect that you are trying to copy. It's a pain.

In this case, go to the cell near the 8 second point in your sequence (781 means 781 hundredths of a second) and redo the effect. Then copy again.

I found another bug that may be related, but I'm having a hard time reproducing it. It happened when I duplicated my main track with duplicate timings, then in the fast track I turned on a channel with two cells on, two cells off, then I did a Foreground Effects Fade Down. Now when I go back to the track with the slower beats, one cell shows this:

0:21.66-0:21.76 Fade down from 100% to 93% intensity
0:21.76-0:21.86 Fade down from 93% to 87% intensity
0:21.86-0:22.05 Completely off

However, when I copied that cell to another in the same column, I got this:

0:21.66-0:21.75 Fade down from 100% to 93% intensity
0:21.75-0:21.76 Fade down from 93% to 92% intensity
0:21.76-0:21.86 Fade down from 93% to 87% intensity
0:21.86-0:22.05 Completely off

I have also seen it add .01 seconds of Completely off in the middle of a fade.

Yes, I know that I can copy and paste in the faster track and I won't have this problem.

• 2 months later...