Light-O-Rama Forums

All-on Sequence

WLP3

I am having trouble programming through the hardware utility in Basic to start with lights on, go through 4 scheduled shows, and after the last show have the lights stay on for one hour.  Also, how do I just have the lights on without any shows?

I am running the show through a g3mp3 with 2 pro controllers

Thanks

I don't recall how license levels affect building on the HWU, so if you don't have the option for some of these, then your going to have to upgrade your license.

In the HWU -> MP3 tab you have the option to run shows on a schedule. You can then say "run on the hour" and even select a fill in sequence. If you wanted shows to run from 6-10pm, with shows running at 6,7,8,9 you could have a show scheduled 6-10pm, with the songs you want to run in the right hand box, and then an "all on" sequence for the filler in the lower left side.

Thanks, Don.  I think that I might have an issue with what things are called here.  Is the show start and end time separate from the repeat schedule?  If I wanted the last show to start at 9:30 and it lasts for 15 minutes and the show end time is 10:00 and the lights are set to on, would the lights stay on until 10:00 when the show ends?  Also get a message about changing days and times and cant get the days to stay checked.

image.png

I'm not sure, but I think you may need a higher license level, you can only have x amount of shows on lower license levels, I ran into this problem when I started with Basic + license and then in less than a month moved to Advanced, now at the PRO license, which gives a lot more options and flexibility.

I think Basic will only allow you to set the days and times for ONE SHOW{but not 100% certain}, Basic + I think allows 2 Shows, and goes up as the license gets higher, in Advanced and Pro these are UNLIMITED{If I recall correctly}.

As what you are wanting to do will require one of two ways to do it:

Easiest way is 2 Shows, if your license would cover it, your first show would be set to run from say 6:30pm-9:55PM, then your next show would be from 10pm-11pm, the first show being the Musical Sequences, the next being an Animation Only Sequence set to run in that 1 hour time slot.

The other option to do this if you can only create one show is:  Create an Animation Sequence that is EXACTLY 1 HOUR Long or however long you need it for, insert this sequence as the LAST sequence in your show, you'll have to add it by changing the Sequence type under the Add Sequence screen from Musical to Animation to get in the list.   Save it with your show start time and end time that you want the Animation Sequence to play too, i.e. 11pm would be the end time.   Use play sequences in order and DO NOT USE Shuffle or this 2nd option will not work!

Also note: Musical Sequences may not always end at the EXACT time you specify, I always subtract about 2 minutes when I set my end time, this way the show usually ends near to the time I want the show to stop, unfortunately, this may set your Animation Sequence back a minute or two, but since it's the last sequence and you want it to end say by 11pm, a couple minutes early isn't bad, or you can extend the Animation Sequence a few minutes longs and it may end exactly on time or a few minutes after 11pm, as any sequence will run to it's conclusion before the display actually shuts down.

Hope this may help.

Edited by Orville

7 hours ago, WLP3 said:

Thanks, Don.  I think that I might have an issue with what things are called here.  Is the show start and end time separate from the repeat schedule?  If I wanted the last show to start at 9:30 and it lasts for 15 minutes and the show end time is 10:00 and the lights are set to on, would the lights stay on until 10:00 when the show ends?  Also get a message about changing days and times and cant get the days to stay checked.

The image you showed is where you set the start/stop time for the show; of which you can have up to 9 on an SD card. I am unaware of any license restrictions on the number of shows on an SD card. To resolve the issue you are seeing in that graphic, click the check boxes next to the day(s) you want to change. Then modify the times you wish to use. Then click the "CHANGE SELECTED DAYS" button. This should prevent that error message. Be sure to do it in the order I mentioned.

Notice the "Select How Show Plays" section. There you will see a few options. If I understand your original message correctly, you are defining a "show" as a set of musical sequences, and you want the lights on the remainder of the time. Two example show setups for you.

Example 1 - Show starts at 6:00pm and runs until 10:00pm. 4 songs start at 6:00pm, repeat every 15 minutes, with "All Lights On" the remainder of the time.

1. Set Schedule to 6:00-10:00pm
  2. Set "Repeat the show" to Every 15 Minutes.
  3. Action to take between hourly shows should be "Lights On"
  4. MP3 Player List should *only* have the 4 songs you are using for your display.
  5. Create Show - Set it to Show 1.

No show will play at 10:00pm. Lights go out.

Example 2 - All On from 5:00-6:00pm. Then 4 songs start at 6:00pm, repeat every 15 minutes, with "All Lights On" the remainder of the time. Ends at 10pm.

1. Set Schedule to 5:00-6:00pm.
  2. Choose "Loop through showlist continuously" option.
  3. The MP3 Player List should have an ANIMATION sequence with all lights on. This can be 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or whatever.
  4. Create Show - Set it to Show 1.
    THEN
  5. Set Schedule to 6:00-10:00pm
  6. Set "Repeat the show" to Every 15 Minutes.
  7. Action to take between hourly shows should be "Lights On"
  8. MP3 Player List should *only* have the 4 songs you are using for your display.
  9. Create Show - Set it to Show 2.

These examples should give you some idea of how the director is going to work. Note that the LOWEST numbered show will always have priority. Thus if TWO things are set to run Mondays at 9:00pm, the LOWEST numbered show that has instructions for Monday at 9:00pm will run.

What I do for commercial clients is create an "All OFF" show to run after the main show is done for the night. While the lights should go off, for me it's something I do to reduce the number of phone calls I get. :) (And I just thought of this, you could set a show to run All Off as Show 9, and tell it to run 23 hours a day, just to make sure nothing comes on outside of shows that are scheduled to run with a lower show number.)

If you have questions, let us know. Please be as detailed as possible in the question, as it will help everyone get you the correct answer.

3 hours ago, Don said:

WLP3

I will reply to this when I get to a computer. The previous poster is trying to help, but is wrong.

It's not all wrong. 

You can set it up as option 2 as I posted, I did it that way for a very short time.  Perhaps the # of shows may be incorrect, but I do seem to recall I could NOT add more than 2 or possibly up to 4 shows on an SD Card when I used a Director unit with a Basic + License, not until I moved to an Advanced License could I add specific things to the SD Card to make the Director perform as needed. 

I couldn't set some things with a Basic + License. I know Startup and Shutdown sequences are grayed out and inaccessible, that and adding more controllers than my license allowed at the time{had 5, Basic + = 4 controllers, counting the Director actually made 6}, I finally just went and moved up to Advanced license and all those SD Card show set up issues went away after that whil;e I was using a Director.

I'm not sure but think I could set start and end times, but I could never use the days of the week under my Basic + License, like the OP, I'd check them and they didn't stay checked.  This from memory as that's what I recall going on when I first got my Director and tried to set up shows, had to get a higher license before I could really do much with it.  And that's what I remember, might be wrong, but it is how I remember it when I got it back in 2010.

7 minutes ago, Orville said:

but it is how I remember it when I got it back in 2010.

With all due respect, I know you like to help, but if you don't know the exact answer, please don't jump in and confuse things. It really doesn't help anyone.

2010 was 8 years ago. I've programmed shows for many customers this year, and more than I care to admit to in the past 2 weeks. Stick to what you know, and don't guess on the other stuff.

Thank you SO Much Guys for your help.  I will try to modify a filler animation sequence to produce an all-on sequence and add it to the beginning and end of the schedule.  Should I set the day of the week from my MP3-G3 or from the HWU?

On the G3 version, I would recommend setting the date/time on the director. Also, do NOT try and set a start/stop time on the director. While those options are there, they will interfere with what you put on the SD card.

Thanks, Don.  I only want my sequences to run on Friday and Saturday.  When I am setting the times in the HWU scheduler it has default times for other days of the week that I dont want.  How do I get rid of the times on the days I dont want to run the sequence?  Putting zeros in the start/stop times creates an error when writing to sd.  It defaults to 5:00pm start and 10:00pm end and I cant get them to go away.

Edited by WLP3
Additional info

When you create the shows, set your Friday/Saturday times to run during the times you want to run. For the other 5 days, (and this is going to sound wrong, but it's not) set the time to START and STOP at the EXACT SAME TIME of your choosing. It could be 3:00pm.. 3:00am, or 7:57am, etc. Just make sure the start/stop times are the exact same. Nothing will happen since it starts/stops at the exact same time.

So Fri-Sat .. 5pm-10pm
Sun-Thurs .. 7:00am-7:00am