Jump to content

New to me 4 arches w/25 pixel each, Easy way to sequence


djkevinj
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have 2 pixel ribbons, want to cut in half to make 4 arches.  I use a dmx controller e1.31. Controlled by the Light o rama S4.

What is the easiest way to program and also set up?. Very overwhelmed .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make the 4 arches in the visualizer. Put them all in a line. Create a Prop, and add each of the arches to the Prop.

Launch superstar, click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

In the Import visualization dialog box set the sequencing grid "max length" to 200

set "horizontal" and "normal"

You should see the 4 arches in a line and the green sequencing grid should be one long horizontal line of squares.

Have you used the visualizer before? If not I can give you more detailed instructions on how to make the arches in the visualizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Make the 4 arches in the visualizer. Put them all in a line. Create a Prop, and add each of the arches to the Prop.

Launch superstar, click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

In the Import visualization dialog box set the sequencing grid "max length" to 200

set "horizontal" and "normal"

You should see the 4 arches in a line and the green sequencing grid should be one long horizontal line of squares.

Have you used the visualizer before? If not I can give you more detailed instructions on how to make the arches in the visualizer.

Please advise me on the steps I should take. My understanding arch 1 should be universe 20 .  1-25 pixels,  Arch2  universe 20 .26-50 pixels.Arch 3 ,universe 21 ,1-25 pixel Arch4 universe 21 , 26-50  How do i set that up ?

Thanks Brian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, djkevinj said:

Please advise me on the steps I should take. My understanding arch 1 should be universe 20 .  1-25 pixels,  Arch2  universe 20 .26-50 pixels.Arch 3 ,universe 21 ,1-25 pixel Arch4 universe 21 , 26-50  How do i set that up ?

Thanks Brian

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

launch the visualizer

click on the File menu and select new

specify "use a blank background", and you can use dimensions of 1200 x 500

In the next dialog box there is an "intensity" slide bar, set it in the middle so the background is gray.

Click on the Arch button, the one that looks like a rainbow

Click on the Canvas and the Arch wizard dialog box will appear. 

give a name like "Arch 1"

Type of Arch = Arch

Size = whatever looks good to you

First Segment Location - choose right or left

Number of segments = 1

Light Type = DMX

Pixels per segment = 25

Click on OK, and in the dialog box that appears just accept the default

When the Prop Properties dialog box appears you can cancel out of that

Create 3 more arches. When specifying the "first segment location" do it so the pixel that is closest to the controller is at that location

Line the 3 arches in a row.

On the right side of the screen is a list, choose "fixtures" so it will list the fixtures

Double click on each fixture and in the Fixture properties dialog box, at the bottom, you can specify the Universe and the starting pixel

Click on the "Create New Prop" button, it is the right most button on the toolbar

Give the Prop the name of "Arches"

Click on line 1, and a list of the fixtures will appear, choose "arch 1"

click on line 2, and choose "arch 2", etc.

Click on the File menu and select "save"

launch superstar, click on the File menu and select "import visualization"

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With arches you will mostly be using morphs to do chase patterns on the arches. There is a video tutorial on morphs. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. The second tutorial is on morphs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

How do you do a simple chase ,to go from the beginning of Arch 1 to the end of Arch 4? I've tried the Morphs with the 1a,1b,2a and 2b but that is confusing on this arch set up

Please advise 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way to do a chase on arches is with a morph. Do a single left click to mark the beginning (a single left click will put 1a, and 2a at the same point). Do a single right click to mark the end ( a single right click will put 2a and 2b at the same point).

The chase will then start from where you did the single left click and end where you did the single right click.

Also, with arches, it is usually easiest to sequence them if you have them all in a line on the green sequencing grid so that one morph will chase across all the arches. For example, if you have 4 arches and each arch is 25 pixels, when you import the visualization, set the sequencing grid "max length" to 100 so that all the arches can fit on one long row that is 100 pixels long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do my six arches differently than Brian explained.  On the grid, they are six rows of 50 pixels, but on the visualization they are in a row.  To do a chase from one end to the other, I check the box to use the visualization rather than the grid (sorry, I’m typing this on my phone and don’t remember the actual wording of the checkbox).  Below are the grid layout and visualization for my yard (note that the grid is from 2018, but the visualization is a couple years ago):

SuperStar_grid_2018.png

The arches are the six rows starting at row 42.

SuperStar_visualization.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

The way to do a chase on arches is with a morph. Do a single left click to mark the beginning (a single left click will put 1a, and 2a at the same point). Do a single right click to mark the end ( a single right click will put 2a and 2b at the same point).

The chase will then start from where you did the single left click and end where you did the single right click.

Also, with arches, it is usually easiest to sequence them if you have them all in a line on the green sequencing grid so that one morph will chase across all the arches. For example, if you have 4 arches and each arch is 25 pixels, when you import the visualization, set the sequencing grid "max length" to 100 so that all the arches can fit on one long row that is 100 pixels long.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the feedback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I do my six arches differently than Brian explained.  On the grid, they are six rows of 50 pixels, but on the visualization they are in a row.  To do a chase from one end to the other, I check the box to use the visualization rather than the grid (sorry, I’m typing this on my phone and don’t remember the actual wording of the checkbox).  Below are the grid layout and visualization for my yard (note that the grid is from 2018, but the visualization is a couple years ago):

SuperStar_grid_2018.png

The arches are the six rows starting at row 42.

SuperStar_visualization.png

 

Looks like that would be easier to program I'll try it out ,Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...