Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom Prop Definition confusion

Entropy

Greetings,

I created a tree custom prop definition for a tree that I have that is wrapped with three different colored strings plugged into three channels on my LOR controller. Conventional lights.
In the definition, I drew a tree using 1, 2 & 3.
Lights: Traditional, Type: Channel by color
Channels: LOR, Enter a channel on every row.

For whatever reason, the channel assignment gives me 9 channels instead of three. I have to repeat channels 1, 4, 7, 1, 4, 7, 1, 4, 7 to get it to display correctly.
Why are there nine channels instead of three?

Edited by Entropy
Clarify

I updated my profile.

When I select multicolor String, it doesn't let me select colors. I'm stuck with multicolor. This is a custom, not a predefined shape.

It also nuked the sequencing for the white and green tracks, leaving me with three red tracks. I can fix that the hard way. It may be because of the way that I set it up from the beginning.

I've attached before and after screenshots.

EDIT: 
I think that I just figured it out. I need to create my tree with all 1s, define three colors and let the software fill in the tree colors.
I just did a test tree and it seems to work. I have a lot of cutting and pasting in my future.

Custom after.JPG

custom tree.JPG

Custom before.JPG

Edited by Entropy

1 hour ago, Entropy said:

EDIT: I think that I just figured it out. I need to create my tree with all 1s, define three colors and let the software fill in the tree colors.
I just did a test tree and it seems to work. I have a lot of cutting and pasting in my future.

This is the correct approach.

Matt