Light-O-Rama Forums

How many strings can you run for 12v on a PixCon16 port?

pouterson1

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how many strings I can run on one port off of a Pixcon16.  Is it 100 pixels or can I do more?  I'd like to do 150-200.  I appreciate the help.

Paul

58 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how many strings I can run on one port off of a Pixcon16.  Is it 100 pixels or can I do more?  I'd like to do 150-200.  I appreciate the help.

Paul

You can use up to 100 pixels on 12v before needing power injection depending on the specs of the pixels, the fuse is the limit. The Pixcon also maxes out at 170 pixels per port.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

You can use up to 100 pixels on 12v before needing power injection depending on the specs of the pixels, the fuse is the limit. The Pixcon also maxes out at 170 pixels per port.

Ok, thanks.  I'm using the LOR 12v pixels.  What would you recommend for power injection?  

1 hour ago, pouterson1 said:

Ok, thanks.  I'm using the LOR 12v pixels.  What would you recommend for power injection?  

Any 12V power supply with capacity,  including the one that drives your controller (if it has the spare capacity).

1) all supply  negatives need to be tied together near the controller

2)Fuse the injection  lead (+) at the supply end (flaming wire is not fun)

3) run both + and - to the injection point

On 11/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, TheDucks said:

Any 12V power supply with capacity,  including the one that drives your controller (if it has the spare capacity).

1) all supply  negatives need to be tied together near the controller

2)Fuse the injection  lead (+) at the supply end (flaming wire is not fun)

3) run both + and - to the injection point

Ok, thanks.  I appreciate the help.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:12 PM, TheDucks said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I have another question, when I configured the Pixcon16 thru the NP util, I used the simple setup and told it that I had 100 pixels per port.  In reality, I use 50 pixels on some and 100 on the others.  Do I need to go back into the NP util to change that for each port?  Thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Mr. P said:

The Pixcon16 can run 340 pixels per port when using an E1.31 network.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixcon16Datasheet.pdf

• The topic was locked