Light-O-Rama Forums

Chop Chop Chop

Shadow62672

So I got bit by the LOR bug, and took advantage of the summer sale and bought the 16 CCRII ribbons. Got everything up and running, Playing my first sequence...... Choppy, Second, choppy, falling behind the music. I am assuming it would be the 485 usb adapter, I need to upgrade to the high speed to keep up? Would it be the computer I am running the sequence? I am a bit puzzled. The adapter is probably 9-10 years old. :) Any thoughts or advice...

You should be using the high speed RED adaptor and I suggest it be on a network by itself.   The old one can continue to be used for the other controllers.  

i figured. Can those be bought locally? If not gonna hit up  LOR yet again. :)

Edited by Shadow62672

• 2 weeks later...

so, got the adapter, and it is still choppy. What should i look at in regards to the sequence? It is not keeping up with the song and is choppy.

How many controller total do you have, and what are they? How many networks are you running? You now have 2 USG485 adapters a red one and black one?

Alan...

As mentioned above , which all are great responses.

You neednto get a program Audacity or similar and change thenspeed and bit rate of your music.

A lot has changed in 9 years. You need the red adapter and enhanced mode esp if pixie series controller/s.

Alan asks great questions above.

JR

According to his profile, he has an Advanced license so Intensity files and Enhanced networking is not available.

23 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

According to his profile, he has an Advanced license so Intensity files and Enhanced networking is not available.

I wish I could see that info on cell.

JR

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I wish I could see that info on cell.

JR

Click on the person’s name and it will take you to their profile.  Scroll down a ways to get the version and license level.  Click back to back to the thread you were reading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, dibblejr said:

You neednto get a program Audacity or similar and change then speed and bit rate of your music.

Yo Jim (or anyone else), the comment above brought a thought back to mind and hence a questions...

Some years ago, I recall seeing threads where it was suggested to not use MP3 files while editing as it had something to do with not being precisely in sync with the animations.  Is that still the case?  I use wav files, but it might be nice to use mp3 files for smaller file size.  I hope this question doesn't hijack this thread away from the original OP question.

• The topic was locked