Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with purchased sequence

XmasSteve

So I purchased a You Can Modify sequence from the store for a 16 string(100 pixel per string) mega tree.

The problem is when I load the sequence into S5 and point it towards my Mega Tree preview it seems like its displaying lights for stuff I dont have (arches, windows, floodlights, ect...)

From what I have read the mega tree sequence is on Controller 4 for this sequence.... How do I tell S5 to just use that #4 controller sequence for my tree?

Also, I found out after I purchased that most of these sequences are made for tree's with only 50 pixels... Is it possible to use the pixel extender in Superstar to stretch it out to cover all 100 pixels?

If it helps I have attached the string summary from my preview in S5.

Mega Tree String Summary.JPG

Can’t help with the S5 part but you should really create your own configuration and copy from the purchased into your tree.

There is a much easier way in SS to make the tree larger

SS

Edit

Select All - that will encase your entire sequence

Tools

Move/ scale effects

Scale - you just select the starting size and change it to the new size

all of that may take 30 seconds

If you wish to view the new tree you then go to 

Layout and add your new size in the CCR mode

Hope this helps

JR

The last half of that does not sound too difficult..... Its the 1st half that I am unable to wrap my head around....

I am unable to import the S5 .LMS sequence into superstar.... Is it possible to copy/paste from S5 to SS? Not sure how that is done.... I have tried highlighting a row in S5 and pasting it into SS but that did not work at all... just get a message saying that the clip board is empty....

Should I chalk this up to a $50 learning experience and just use the instant sequencer in SS to make the sequence  I need for my mega tree? would rather not do that as the visuals look much better in the purchased sequence.

5 minutes ago, XmasSteve said:

The last half of that does not sound too difficult..... Its the 1st half that I am unable to wrap my head around....

I am unable to import the S5 .LMS sequence into superstar.... Is it possible to copy/paste from S5 to SS? Not sure how that is done.... I have tried highlighting a row in S5 and pasting it into SS but that did not work at all... just get a message saying that the clip board is empty....

Should I chalk this up to a $50 learning experience and just use the instant sequencer in SS to make the sequence  I need for my mega tree? would rather not do that as the visuals look much better in the purchased sequence.

Why can’t you just copy the sequence from the LOR sequence and Paste it to your config (pixel channels)

Thats how we do it.

I just taught someone that lesson yesterday.

They thought it was as simple as using the LOR purchased sequence to control their lights. And test it can be done but you have to change the unit IDs and network assignments in the purchased sequence.

Ince you create your own config you simply copy/ past the purchased into yours and done.

JR

Heya Dibblejr,

First off I need to commend your awesome instructions in the hardware section of the forums as they really did help me get everything setup correctly on the first try. The only snag was the comm port listener... I eventually figured out that it was because it was on Comm04 and just went into the advanced settings and manually put it on Comm01 and that quickly got the Pixie16 under control.

Going back to this purchased sequence problem though.... It must be an S5 thing as any amount of copy/paste from the purchased sequence into a new sequence are just not working at all for me. I have not given up but it is now on the back burner as I crank out my own sequences using superstar and the motion effects in the new S5 as we are just a few days from setup and trying to get 12 songs on the playlist to start(already have eight).  S5 is so new that I doubt there is a video for newbs to watch to try and grasp the concept of what is going on and a detailed write up like your hardware guide is probably out of the question.

Thanks again for helping me to get up and running(hardware guide) and also for clearing up that superstar license problem I had in a different thread.   :)