Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 not recognizing device

SnappyTom

I changed the unit ID on my new controller no problem. When I hit the refresh button it says the correct unit ID but the device is unknown. 

39 minutes ago, SnappyTom said:

I changed the unit ID on my new controller no problem. When I hit the refresh button it says the correct unit ID but the device is unknown. 

You need a higher version of S4, you need version 4.3.18 or higher for Pixies to be recognized.

Edited by Mr. P

2 hours ago, SnappyTom said:

Follow my Pixie16 Config Step by Step in the General Hardware section of the forums.

Its stickied at the top.

JR

Thanks Mr P updated to 4.4.0 and it recognized the controller. Dibblerjr I tried to follow the sickie prior to updating. When I got to the part, selecting  the Config button that was fine. When it said,  push the ccr/pixie, it was not highlighted. Now that I updated it recognized the controller the ccr/pixie button is push able.  Thank you both for the info and for helping so many of us. Im sure I will have more questions.

I do have another question. I am currantley using 2 485Bs. One for the CTB16s and one for the CCR 1 I was using last year. Will I have to get one of the red USB485-HS? For the new Pixie 16 with CCR 2s

After step 15, What is the model number of the new CCR lls? I believe they are 150 lights? I went to LOR web site and didn't find the info to put in the Pixie Config

Edited by SnappyTom

42 minutes ago, SnappyTom said:

I do have another question. I am currantley using 2 485Bs. One for the CTB16s and one for the CCR 1 I was using last year. Will I have to get one of the red USB485-HS?

LOR recommends no more than 2,400 channels (which is how many channels a Pixie16 - 50 strings has) on a single USB485-HS, so yes you should get a USB485-HS just for the Pixie16.

You might get away with it for alwhile depending on sequencing, but it would be better if the Pixie16 had it's own USB485-HS.

Alan...

50 minutes ago, SnappyTom said:

I do have another question. I am currantley using 2 485Bs. One for the CTB16s and one for the CCR 1 I was using last year. Will I have to get one of the red USB485-HS?

Also, a USB485B can't do the higher speeds so if you get a Pixie or get into pixels you will definitely need the red adapter.

2 hours ago, SnappyTom said:

Thanks Mr P updated to 4.4.0 and it recognized the controller. Dibblerjr I tried to follow the sickie prior to updating. When I got to the part, selecting  the Config button that was fine. When it said,  push the ccr/pixie, it was not highlighted. Now that I updated it recognized the controller the ccr/pixie button is push able.  Thank you both for the info and for helping so many of us. Im sure I will have more questions.

I do have another question. I am currantley using 2 485Bs. One for the CTB16s and one for the CCR 1 I was using last year. Will I have to get one of the red USB485-HS? For the new Pixie 16 with CCR 2s

After step 15, What is the model number of the new CCR lls? I believe they are 150 lights? I went to LOR web site and didn't find the info to put in the Pixie Config

If you are setting up for more than 100 pixels you will have to follow the note under the “adding device” I SENT.

The pixie must be configured as a Pixcon16 to select any more than 100.

LOR is aware of this and a change will be coming out but I wouldn’t expect it before the holidays end.

so

instead of adding the puxie16 as dine in HU select Pixcon16 in SE and select appropriate pixel count and asign same Unit ID as in HU

Also for setup and testing and since everyone I helped out in 2017 never said the black adapter didn’t work- you may be o or at least get away with the black until your red one gets in.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I'm replacing my CCRl 12 channel tree(CTB16) with the CCRll only using 12 channels of the Pixie 16. I don't believe there are more then 100 on each ribbon. Just tried a test and it was ugly. 

1 hour ago, SnappyTom said:

I'm replacing my CCRl 12 channel tree(CTB16) with the CCRll only using 12 channels of the Pixie 16. I don't believe there are more then 100 on each ribbon. Just tried a test and it was ugly. 

Check the pixel specs on the ribbons as most ws2811 ribbons are around 36w for 50 pixels so that is 3 amps. The Pixie has 4 amp fuses so you may need to power inject to get 100.

You always have to check the specs of the lights as they vary by manufacturer.

Last year the CCR 1s, I was using 2 networks. I had the 12 channels split. So now when I daisy chain Controller #5 to #6 the Pixie 16 there is no place to in the second network. Will I have to eliminate one? Only half of the CCR2 tree is working.

IMG_1233.JPG

Edited by SnappyTom

Looking at network preference, says I only have one network. None under Aux. Still only 1/2 of the tree is displaying the sequence. The CCr1 controllers were split, 6 on one network and 6 on the aux network. Now that I have only one network it is only seeing 1/2 of the sequence. Humm In sure its something simple I am over looking. 

All is working now. Went with 2 networks. One for 5 controllers and one for Pixie 16 and one controller. Had to change 6 of the Channels So they are all on Aux A net work. Thanks for the help.

• The topic was locked