Light-O-Rama Forums

NEW to Pixie 16 & CCB. Only 100 bulbs per port? How do get around it?

redheadsisk@gmail.com

I am new to my Pixie 16 2d and was reading through the manual and it indicated that you can only have 100 bulbs per port? Or is it 50 per port and 100 total? Can you hook up two strands of 50 and if so how do you control the second string or configure it in hardware utility? (Can you even test it in HU?) And if it is only 50 how do you get around the issue with length- say I wanted to run bulbs across my house and need more than 25-50 feet of lighted length?

22 minutes ago, redheadsisk@gmail.com said:

I am new to my Pixie 16 2d and was reading through the manual and it indicated that you can only have 100 bulbs per port? Or is it 50 per port and 100 total? Can you hook up two strands of 50 and if so how do you control the second string or configure it in hardware utility? (Can you even test it in HU?) And if it is only 50 how do you get around the issue with length- say I wanted to run bulbs across my house and need more than 25-50 feet of lighted length?

At the bottom of the HU Pixel console, there is a slider that sets which group of (RGB) the sliders control.

But in the Main HU, when you have selected a Pixie, you can Chase test all nodes  (assuming you want to verify the nodes all work) Tick the RGBW box and each node steps thru the 4 colors before moving on

1 hour ago, redheadsisk@gmail.com said:

Go to the General Hardware section of the forum.

My Pixie16 Setup start to finish is posted there. It is a "sticky" at the top of the page.

Follow that and you WILL have lights.

If you want more than 100 there is a note within. Once configured you have to set it up while in the "adding device" step as a Pixcon16 - that will then allow you to select a max of 170

Any questions just ask, I took the guess work out of the process to save me and LOR time.

JR

Edited by dibblejr