Light-O-Rama Forums

new to this want to know what to get

shagginsc

i have bought several large display that have figures moving...most are 4 channel ...i was wondering can i use a stand alone controller  like the 16  channel one to run these figures ..i think you call it chasing .. can i run 4 figures off one controller...thanks in advance for any help you can give me

billy

Are you talking about animatronic type figurines or singing faces, like Coro characters?  Different items and different ways to control them via an CTB16PC controller, if this is what you're talking about.

Need a little more information so we can help you with how to control your figures or characters.

If you are talking about wire frame display pieces, then you can use a lightoRama controller, but you can’t use a PC controller because it does not have a standalone mode.  You would have to use one of the CBT16 commercial controllers in the metal cases. They allow you to save an animation sequence to use in standalone mode. 

Do those come with their own controller to make the animations?  If so, you can use a CTB16PC, but only FULL ON or FULL OFF in a sequence to turn them on when wanted. 

If they are just standard 120V plugs to plug the lights in directly to light the prop, that is there is no controller, connected to them, then you can use a CTB16PC controller to do the animations, and then you could use fades, twinkle or shimmer on the character.  

But if they use some type of built in controller to make the animation work, again, you can still use a CTB16PC controller, but again, only FULL ON or FULL OFF in the sequence, otherwise if using anything else like a fade, shimmer or twinkle it may work, but you could also cause damage to the characters built in controller, the controller you're using or both.

most have them but wanted to know incase they do not work  would that one control more then one i guess

which of the setting would make them look like they are moving      excuse me that i am so dumb on these things

• The topic was locked