Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Expo 2019 in DAYTONA BEACH, FL!!!!

GriswoldStyle

2 hours ago, Jack said:

OK,  just went to the Expo web site and it has been updated since I last took a  look.

I'm starting to understand a lot more,  it looks like the classes that I would be interested in would be during the 3 day show (S5 classes) and would be covered by the 3 Day Pass of $215.00

some of the other classes look interesting but first things first.

Someplace I read a post of a Texas show last October but now I'm not sure what I was looking at.

Sorry for asking silly questions above, any advice would still be helpful.

Thanks again,

Jack

The Expo travels around. The Expo was held in Mesquite TX last July.

JR

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so maybe move Gators up a notch...

Clearwater Police Department (@myclearwaterPD) Tweeted:
See you later, alligator 🐊 A scaly 11-foot-long gator broke into a Clearwater home overnight through some low windows in their kitchen. Clearwater Police officers and a trapper responded to the scene to capture and remove the gator. There were no injuries. https://t.co/jsOxRNfkEV https://twitter.com/myclearwaterPD/status/1134429910972346374?s=17

18 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Ok, so maybe move Gators up a notch...

Clearwater Police Department (@myclearwaterPD) Tweeted:
See you later, alligator 🐊 A scaly 11-foot-long gator broke into a Clearwater home overnight through some low windows in their kitchen. Clearwater Police officers and a trapper responded to the scene to capture and remove the gator. There were no injuries. https://t.co/jsOxRNfkEV https://twitter.com/myclearwaterPD/status/1134429910972346374?s=17

Just right for a BBQ. Love gator bites, tastes like chicken

Unfortunately I had to cancel my class and cant be there. Next year.

JR

Hey Dev are trying to scare people from coming to Florida see you at the Expo i can only come on Saturday have to work the other Days

Truthfully, that's a new one on me - I don't ever remember a gator getting inside of a house.  They will break through a screen Lanai to get to a pool, but have never heard of through a window.

It is the height of gator mating season, so they do get a little more bold and territorial at this time of year (through the end of June).  Maybe a reflection?  

All I know is that one has been turned into a couple of purses, a pair of boots and several pounds of gator nuggets :P

I will be there and hope to meet up with all you other sequencers. I live just north of Daytona Beach in Ormond Beach. Reach out to me at [redacted] and give me your contact info if you wish to meet up. I am furiously sequencing new songs at a leisurely pace. I have some props to pickup at the expo from Boscoyo. Not attending classes but will be at the expo hall. My friends call me Chip.

Edit:  I got rid of your phone number from the post since that is usually considered not secure.  If anyone would like to meet up with Chip, please send him a private message where he can get your/give his contact info securely and privately.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, DevMike said:

Truthfully, that's a new one on me - I don't ever remember a gator getting inside of a house.  They will break through a screen Lanai to get to a pool, but have never heard of through a window.

It is the height of gator mating season, so they do get a little more bold and territorial at this time of year (through the end of June).  Maybe a reflection?  

All I know is that one has been turned into a couple of purses, a pair of boots and several pounds of gator nuggets :P

Gator Nuggets!!! Mmmm lol. I go to Stumpknockers in Ocala for gator Nuggets often. They even have gator steaks too. 

Yeah I saw it all over the news about the Gator going through the window. I'm over in citrus county. That happened a couple counties south. But for all you tourists that are coming to the expo, fair warning anywhere in Florida where there is water, there is bound to be Gators. One of those things we have just learned to live with and be careful of. especially during the hot months be very careful of your surroundings if you go by any freshwater areas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:39 PM, GriswoldStyle said:

Gator Nuggets!!! Mmmm lol. I go to Stumpknockers in Ocala for gator Nuggets often. They even have gator steaks too. 

Yeah I saw it all over the news about the Gator going through the window. I'm over in citrus county. That happened a couple counties south. But for all you tourists that are coming to the expo, fair warning anywhere in Florida where there is water, there is bound to be Gators. One of those things we have just learned to live with and be careful of. especially during the hot months be very careful of your surroundings if you go by any freshwater areas.

where do nuggets come from or do I want to know?

18 minutes ago, caniac said:

Think chicken nuggets, but harder to catch.

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

Nature's prehistoric killing machine.

so gator nuggets begat gators and all was right with the world?

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Was thinking more of the McDonald's kind of nugget. Tastes like chicken.

would think there is an inherent risk eating something that was once a gator and we know that McDonalds nuggets aren't really chicken but a "chicken-like" product (**cat**).

On 6/14/2019 at 8:21 AM, caniac said:

Gator tail...  (at least I think) It does have a chicken like taste but much tougher meat. It takes some getting use to but it's actually not bad with honey mustard dip.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

• The topic was locked