Light-O-Rama Forums

ShowTime Central with Video?

tfritz28

Hello,

I've done some video projection mapping and have now found out about LOR and would love to add a light show to my projections. It seems pretty straight forward to use the videos that I have made to create a light sequence and have the controller handle that. However, I do not leave my laptop outside while I'm projecting on my house. I put my videos on a thumb drive and use a fairly cheap video player to show them. I see that LOR offers the ShowTime Central to allow the light show to happen without the need for my laptop being connected...but is there a version that will also do the video output?

• 5 months later...

That's a great question that I'm just now researching tfritz28. Hope to find an answer here, but if no one responds, I'll ask the LOR Help Desk. They are good at responding to all the questions I've posed so far. This should be any different. What did you find out?

22 hours ago, DevMike said:

The only way to sync video output is to use a computer.  Mp3 directors can not output video.

What about using a Pi instead of a computer for the video output?

RasPi can't run LOR software.

There are some options involving other software, but this is after all the LOR forum...

However, there is no need to put the computer outside.  It's not at all difficult to run the video from a PC inside to a projector outside...

On 4/22/2019 at 1:34 PM, Tim Dorr said:

That's a great question that I'm just now researching tfritz28. Hope to find an answer here, but if no one responds, I'll ask the LOR Help Desk. They are good at responding to all the questions I've posed so far. This should be any different. What did you find out?

Hey Tim. I found out what the others have already mentioned...the Show Time Central will not output video. My solution was using a Pi and other software that I won't mention here because it is an LOR forum. But feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.

• The topic was locked