Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble updating firmware

Box on Rails

I have 3 CTB16 controllers and I am converting to S5 to control them. They control my singing coro trees. I find all three in The HU and they all work fine using the Control consul in the HU. When I play a sequence in S5 they do not work. all my other controllers work fine. I had the same problem with my old CCRs and a firmware upgrade fixed these controller. So I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on the CTB16 one at a time and I go through all three steps in the HU. Select controller, select file and hit the Download and nothing Happens. the status says "starting Load" and the activity says "grabbing Unit". Nothing is happening. when I updated my CCRs the status bar moved right away and the down load took just a few seconds. I have left the update going now for 30 minutes and nothing is happening. what am I doing wrong?   

Are you sure you are trying to load the correct firmware for your CTB 16 PCB revision?  4.x was the rev for mu Gen 2, 1.x for my gen 3

Is your network correct for your HW revision.  G1 and G2 can not do faster than 115K and can not be on an 'Enhanced' enabled network.

Yon need to keep those on a separate network from  Pixies (a Gen 3 can be on either as long as you don't do 'enhanced type operations') 

My Network is set up for S5. Here's what I got. the current Firmware loaded on these controllers is Version 16PC-G3Ver1.04.  LOR web page says the new version is CTB16PCG3-V1.09 It will not load on any of my controllers. I got the whole show working except these 3 controllers. I know it's gotta be something simple. 

20181107_080434.jpg.6ffa4d73a2892320ff344f6cb711cca1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

My Network is set up for S5. Here's what I got. the current Firmware loaded on these controllers is Version 16PC-G3Ver1.04.  LOR web page says the new version is CTB16PCG3-V1.09 It will not load on any of my controllers. I got the whole show working except these 3 controllers. I know it's gotta be something simple. 

Its a G2 not G3

JR

6 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Yep, those are G2 (like one of mine) No fast, No enhanced

Now I have some G3's that the card says G2 however the status light is the LED and not the dome bulb. There was a misprint many years ago. Also they show up in HU as G3.

If your status light is the dome style it is not mis marked like mine.

JR

Success. I got them working. TheDucks dude you where correct. I just set up my third network at 115k non enhanced and they work fine. No need for a firmware update. now all my singing trees are singing again. thank you very much for your help Guys. 

• The topic was locked