Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie4 reduce max intensity

Vince4xmas

I am attempting to reduce my maximum pixel intensity on a Pixie4 without success.

Using LOR Hardware Utility. I find the Pixie and when I attempt to change the maximum % for pixel brightness, it will not take.

Also, looks like I can only reduce to 86% as that is the lowest choice I am able to pick from.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

I had no problem changing it on my Pixcon16.

27 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am attempting to reduce my maximum pixel intensity on a Pixie4 without success.

Using LOR Hardware Utility. I find the Pixie and when I attempt to change the maximum % for pixel brightness, it will not take.

Also, looks like I can only reduce to 86% as that is the lowest choice I am able to pick from.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

I had no problem changing it on my Pixcon16.

If you have SS Superstar you can easily change it.

Open SS

Open the sup file

Edit

Select all or whatever portion you wish to change

Open tools

Move or Scale selected effects

Next screen at the bottom

Change Intensity. 

I have found anything under 15% and you cannot see it on the tree or matrix

Hopefully this helps.

JR

19 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I do not have superstar. Running LOR S5.

I think you can set intensity's in the HU. I never tried since I set mine in SS. As much as I work on the pixies I should know but I apologize, I have to say "think". 

If you have one connected or can connect just poke around in the HU in the config or ccr/pixie config tabs

JR

My opinion here.  If possible (and I don't have any Pixie controllers), it is FAR better to reduce intensity in the pixel controller, than in the sequence.  First of all, you only have to make the change once, and can easily be changed to a different value (provided the controller allows different adjustments - as opposed to something simple like "bright" vs "dim").  If you make the change in sequencing, you have to change every sequence.

14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

My opinion here.  If possible (and I don't have any Pixie controllers), it is FAR better to reduce intensity in the pixel controller, than in the sequence.  First of all, you only have to make the change once, and can easily be changed to a different value (provided the controller allows different adjustments - as opposed to something simple like "bright" vs "dim").  If you make the change in sequencing, you have to change every sequence.

I don't think my early pixies had the option so I found it by accident in SS. I think the people I have helped said they saw it while walking them through configuration and they all have the new pixies. I agree much better to do within the controller. I had nothing but problems trying to reduce in SE.

JR

That is my question. I want to globally change the maximum intensity of my pixels in the Pixie4 using the HU.

It will not accept a change.

2 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

That is my question. I want to globally change the maximum intensity of my pixels in the Pixie4 using the HU.

Can you actually see the choice or its not there?

I just built 2 , gonna bring one up and plug in.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Have you tried the update? I did plug in one of my pixie 4's and I see the setting and it did not accept the change. My old pixie 4 its greyed out.

Since you are running S5 the firmware update has the * next to it. You need the update to have all capabilities. I am not sure if that one will be there but my old one is grey and new one I can actually scroll through but wont take.

I copy and paste and the paste keeps going way down in the right hand corner of this reply

The site has been buggy since the update or restore last week.

JR

*PixieXXD firmware 1.04 and higher requires ShowTime Designer Pixels (aka: s5) or ShowTime Designer Classic 4.3.34 or higher for full compatibility.

*PixieXXD firmware 1.04 and higher requires ShowTime Designer Pixels (aka: s5) or ShowTime Designer Classic 4.3.34 or higher for full compatibility.

I can see the maximum intensity box. I can choose a lower percentage from drop down box (lowest is 86%). I select, then try to save and get an error.

I cannot remember what the error is.

I have not tried latest S5 version. Can I flash new firmware to the Pixie4?

Also, 86% is not an acceptable number. I need to reduce at least to 50%. That is where my Pixcon16 is running and looks good.

14 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I can see the maximum intensity box. I can choose a lower percentage from drop down box (lowest is 86%). I select, then try to save and get an error.

I cannot remember what the error is.

I have not tried latest S5 version. Can I flash new firmware to the Pixie4?

Also, 86% is not an acceptable number. I need to reduce at least to 50%. That is where my Pixcon16 is running and looks good.

According to the * in the "firmware update page" you need to update because you have S5. But that doesn't mean you will get the intensity adjustment setting. I have my mini matrix down to 35% max through SuperStar. That is where it doesn't have a hue around it and makes it very eye friendly. Its my Tune To Sign.

Google the Light O Rama Firmware Update, drop down to your controller it has the "*" next to it. Right below is the "*" and reason. Make your decision from there and if unsure ask the HD

JR

49 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Thanks much JR. Happy Lighting!

Any time my friend. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance but Id rather have LOR tell you to update. Id feel bad if I ever told someone to update their firmware and something went wrong.

Hope everything works out.

JR

• The topic was locked