Light-O-Rama Forums

Merry Christmas Sign

Ponddude

Finally got all my lights on my Merry Christmas sign today. I bought the sign from Valerie and it really is very well built. It's powder coated and has caps at the end of all the cut round bar. I was going to use floral tape to attach the lights, however it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. I ended up using white duct tape to hold the lights in place. I really am hoping that it holds up during the winder.

Valerie really has nice stuff and was great to work with. I would recommend her stuff to anyone!!

dcp1516qr1.jpg

dcp1515nq9.jpg

dcp1519cw8.jpg

dcp1523lj9.jpg

I second Greg's comments about Valerie. Received my order this past week and the frames are outstanding. She goes way out of her way to help.

Your absolutely right, Valerie was great to work with. I am trying to decide what else to buy from her to add to the display as well.

Say, nice work. You've been busy. Me too. Here's a look of one of the many items I have been working on.

Attached files 156124=9016-Xmas sign.jpg

Greetings Javerill, I started out at home depot with 20x30" plexi glass. And of course the lumber. This sign is made with 1x6", enough depth to install the lighting fixtures. The art work is done with i photo program I have. You need a program that will allow you to save the file as a pdf file. I took the file too office depot, they sized it to the size I wanted and then laminated it. I made the box sign large enough so that the plexi glass would be able to slide in and out, and that side was made into a accessible door.As shown in picture. I also made wooden tracks on the inside to hold the sign inplace. Hopefully this is helpful, more specific info needed, let me Know. Carlo

Attached files 156246=9039-PIC_0012.jpg

Ponddude wrote:

How did you print it out? Is it water proof?
Saved the file on flash card and as a pdf file. Went to Office Depot, they download the file, tell them the dimentions I want, which is a little smaller then the plexi glass. Then if you want for extra charge you can have them laminate it, that should help in survive the elements.

Attached files 156274=9041-PIC_0013.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you can also download a program called pdf 995. it is free and works great as to turn anything into pdf. It sets up as a printer driver.

Very cool sign I think I am going to build one very similar..

thanks for the idea

Jeremy

Ponddude wrote:

Finally got all my lights on my Merry Christmas sign today. I bought the sign from Valerie and it really is very well built. It's powder coated and has caps at the end of all the cut round bar. I was going to use floral tape to attach the lights, however it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. I ended up using white duct tape to hold the lights in place. I really am hoping that it holds up during the winder.

Do the colors change automatically or are you controlling the color with LOR?

Carlo Schmitt wrote:

Ponddude wrote:
How did you print it out? Is it water proof?
Saved the file on flash card and as a pdf file. Went to Office Depot, they download the file, tell them the dimentions I want, which is a little smaller then the plexi glass. Then if you want for extra charge you can have them laminate it, that should help in survive the elements.

Hmmm, I had no idea that Office Depot did stuff like that. It's time I got a new sign, so I will check this out. I hope the price is good.

Richard, I actually added the sign late in the season, so all my channels were taken. What I will be doing this year is controlling it with a fader. It actually looks pretty cool and it can be set fast or it can be set slow.

I bought this...

http://www.actionlighting.com/item-detail.asp?ID=925&MainCategory=Controllers&Sub=2%20Circuit

It will be controlled by LOR next year though...

• The topic was locked