Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Floods

Randall Huber

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on floods pointing up or down.  Which gives you better effect/look.

I point up but then again I like Ford's also hahah.  I say it's personal preference/convenience and go with what you like.

I agree on personal preference.  I have mine pointing down.  Thought I might point up.  I have a mega tree doing all kinds of stuff below most of them and sometimes its hard to see.

If you have them mounted to eves pointing down you're limited on distance. If they're pointed up you can cover a larger area. 

Just something to consider.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

I point them out towards the audience. 

Makes a nice effect like being at a TSO concert.

IMG_3270_zps43c09305.jpg

IMG_3267_zps5401ae95.jpg

IMG_3266_zps0eb45054.jpg

IMG_3283_zps18611f83.jpg

And look amazing in person!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been thinking about changing my display this year from using my LOR 16 channel control to floods. I have just under 50 feet of house frontage to light up. Would two of the 50's do that or would three be better? I can set the floods back about 30 ft from the house.

Buzz, I use two 50's.  Mounted under the center of each garage door pointed down mounted year round.  The color that they throw is deep and I have tan garage door color.  Depending on where you want to throw the color and how intense you want it to look, would determine how many 50's.  I say buy 2 at 25 feet per unit coverage.  Also, Use all the controllers at the same time.  You will be an expert at sequencing and wish you had more channels as well as the upgraded license. 

Buzz,

in the sequence editor, with a sequence open and loaded, right click on your channel configuration on the left side.  Chose insert device above or below. select cf50d as the device.  Then the channels will be there to chose the colors needed for sequencing. Play around with different choices you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross, thank you for the helpful information. I have the lights working and I see that I can convert what I already have to RGB channels, that will save me time. I still have a problem with the strobes getting them on and off. The user manual mentions changing the on time from 8.33ms to 83.3 ms and higher intensities result in a long flash. How do I adjust that?  

• The topic was locked