Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Setup and Configuration step by step

dibblejr

18 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

When you open SE - select "new musical sequence". It will look in the LOR Audio Folder. If its not there you have to help it find it.

Best to just copy the mp3 and paste it in the My Documents/ Light O Rama/ Audio and strat storing them there. That's the first place SE is going to look.

You are about 1/2 way to lights.

JR

thank you, I will do it now!

26 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

thank you, I will do it now!

Don't fall for temptation. Remember the "apple". LOL

JR

It just had that screen up with the song title.  It jumped to a grid with Unit 01.1 thru 01.16 with the numberr 1.00 . 2.00 on to the end of the music .   I picked Rockin around the christmas tree and paid for it, so I can hopefully use it on the Pixi 16 ccr tree.    Is there a way to jump back to the previous page or am I all set to go onto something else.

2 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

It just had that screen up with the song title.  It jumped to a grid with Unit 01.1 thru 01.16 with the numberr 1.00 . 2.00 on to the end of the music .   I picked Rockin around the christmas tree and paid for it, so I can hopefully use it on the Pixi 16 ccr tree.    Is there a way to jump back to the previous page or am I all set to go onto something else.

Sounds like you are tracking, the working grid should be grey

JR

4 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

Those channels are the ones you will be removing, except the top one at this point

re reading you should have had 8 channels on that screen, by default LOR assigns 8 channels or did you add the pixie16 already?

Steps 49-52 

It sounds like you either already added the pixie or you got off track and saw the default 8 channels and changed to 16. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

re reading you should have had 8 channels on that screen, by default LOR assigns 8 channels or did you add the pixie16 already?

Steps 49-52 

It sounds like you either already added the pixie or you got off track and saw the default 8 channels and changed to 16. 

JR

I think I added 16.  How can I get back to the grid portion.  The top of the screen  has Track then it has Track 1 for the drop down, and then timings, and unnamed timing grid in that drop down

Just watched a video on LOR sequencing to see how to get back.  I used the add button for lights on different channels and hit play and the ribbons that I chose were coming on.  Did I jump to far ahead.   I think I need to get back to step or is there a way to see if my Pixi 16 is being used.  Also If I want to buy sequences would I just paste them in at this point.  I don't think I can make anything good on my own..  NO TALENT whatsoever!

2 hours ago, rondaxmas said:

Just watched a video on LOR sequencing to see how to get back.  I used the add button for lights on different channels and hit play and the ribbons that I chose were coming on.  Did I jump to far ahead.   I think I need to get back to step or is there a way to see if my Pixi 16 is being used.  Also If I want to buy sequences would I just paste them in at this point.  I don't think I can make anything good on my own..  NO TALENT whatsoever!

You need to start back at step 40. Im not sure where you are, Or just call me. Im not sure where or how you seen to add 16 channels until the pixie 16 is added but last I checked you wasn't there.

I could have had you running in 15-30 mins tops

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I closed it out and started back at 40 and got it up and running. Thank you for you step by step instructions, could never, ever have done it without these.  

I want to run the 16 ccrs and a 6 channel star that I bought from Superstar lights.  I bought the Show Time Central Starting package and a SD card, but wanted other songs,   Is it too complicated to add the other controller to run 6 channels.  The remaining 10 channels won't be connected to lights this year.   If it is too hard to add another controller, I will just keep all 6 channels of the star on all of the time just plugging into an outlet.  What do you think?  Thanks again!

20 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

I closed it out and started back at 40 and got it up and running. Thank you for you step by step instructions, could never, ever have done it without these.  

I want to run the 16 ccrs and a 6 channel star that I bought from Superstar lights.  I bought the Show Time Central Starting package and a SD card, but wanted other songs,   Is it too complicated to add the other controller to run 6 channels.  The remaining 10 channels won't be connected to lights this year.   If it is too hard to add another controller, I will just keep all 6 channels of the star on all of the time just plugging into an outlet.  What do you think?  Thanks again!

I am glad it worked!

Relieved

Gotta Run to school. They have a hammer and LOR is not accessible there

Wont be able to respond until about 3-315

Happy for you

JR

Just a regular controller?

Its easy

follow steps 40- end again but instead of pixie device add to he CTB

Same network and all

you will want to use the sequence that has your pixie

Feel free to call me about 1:30 -2:00 I will answer this time

JR

This was very clearly written and solved my problem immediately.  Forgot about steps 33 and 34 setting Enhanced network on new 2018 laptop.  Now back to holiday fun!

Thank You so much!

3 hours ago, purdurnr said:

This was very clearly written and solved my problem immediately.  Forgot about steps 33 and 34 setting Enhanced network on new 2018 laptop.  Now back to holiday fun!

Thank You so much!

May I ask what pixie model and version? 

JR

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

May I ask what pixie model and version? 

JR

I have the Pixie16.  Using S5.1.4

I can check the version of the controller, but I used it last Christmas.  Just forgot about the Enhanced mode and RS-485 port speed on new laptop.

I wasn't able to control 50+ pixels without enhanced, and pixels looked awful without higher rate.

3 minutes ago, purdurnr said:

I have the Pixie16.  Using S5.1.4

I can check the version of the controller, but I used it last Christmas.  Just forgot about the Enhanced mode and RS-485 port speed on new laptop.

I wasn't able to control 50+ pixels without enhanced, and pixels looked awful without higher rate.

No worries, I am collecting data that's all. Helps if its all in this thread for later use.

Thanks

JR

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for the awesome instructions... i got my lights to play in se but then when i go to make a show the sequence i just saved isnt found .... i saved it in the sequence folder under documents < light o rama < sequences.... i hope this is an easy fix as im not that computer savy lol