Light-O-Rama Forums

Outdoor Spider Web Suggestions??

capardo

In doing a post mortem of our Halloween show this year, one of the goals was to make our outdoor cemetery look more "eerie".  One of the ways we tried to do this was by placing spider webs hanging from some of our props to the ground and/or to our tombstones.

The webbing that we used was from Spirit Halloween, the "glow in the dark" stuff that you have to pull apart.  Needless to say, we did not get the look we were after.  It is very hard to work with and the wind and rain just made it eventually look "stringy" and bunched up.  Not the stretched out look that we wanted....

Anyone have a suggestion on outdoor spider webs to make a cemetery look well-worn and eerie?  :)

Thanks, Chuck.....

49 minutes ago, capardo said:

In doing a post mortem of our Halloween show this year, one of the goals was to make our outdoor cemetery look more "eerie".  One of the ways we tried to do this was by placing spider webs hanging from some of our props to the ground and/or to our tombstones.

The webbing that we used was from Spirit Halloween, the "glow in the dark" stuff that you have to pull apart.  Needless to say, we did not get the look we were after.  It is very hard to work with and the wind and rain just made it eventually look "stringy" and bunched up.  Not the stretched out look that we wanted....

Anyone have a suggestion on outdoor spider webs to make a cemetery look well-worn and eerie?  :)

Thanks, Chuck.....

Brian’s stuff is goooodddd...

http://spiderwebman.net/

• Like 1

Thanks, all for the suggestions..

I have been to "spiderman's" site, and in fact own the 30 foot web.  It is a solid addition to our decorations.

I was mainly asking for something way, way smaller. 

Something that would go from, say, a regular size tombstone to the ground (for example)...

Again, thanks..

Chuck

4 hours ago, capardo said:

Thanks, all for the suggestions..

I have been to "spiderman's" site, and in fact own the 30 foot web.  It is a solid addition to our decorations.

I was mainly asking for something way, way smaller. 

Something that would go from, say, a regular size tombstone to the ground (for example)...

Again, thanks..

Chuck

build a bigger tombstone! :) 

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, capardo said:

Thanks, Chuck.....

Buy one of Brian's Spider Webb's = Spider Webb Man . com or Superstar Lights . com He has webs with lights and no lights and I believe he has a glow in dark web, Made out of rope, I have his 200 pixel web. He also has different sizes and shapes, Great, fair pricing.

*** Dang page errors the other reply wast there when I typed mine. I apologize for the repetition

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 5 months later...

if you made it taller and narrower might have given an eerie looks, I added giant inflatable spiders to mine.

WebWeb2Web3