9 TO 16 <-----13.9 amps

TOTAL UNIT TWO = 26.82 amps IS NEAR TO 30 AMPS

My cuestion is: I can use my 2 units llike this way, or buy another unit 16
channels to separate all the floodlightS and this way dont force the fist 2
units?

THANKS

Sorry my english is no good

Attached files 156029=8994-amperios.JPG

Looks good to me. Floodlights and C9s are tough to get into the power mix, as they consume so much power.

You need to make sure only 15a per side and 8a per any given channel ... and you have done that. Your also under 30a for each controller.

You need (2) dedicated 15a (or 20a) circuits to feed each of those controllers now.

I would be a little concerned with channels 1 and 2

both are close to the 8A per triac threshold. #2 in particular

If you can move some of the load to another channel, I would definately recommend

You could get by with 2 if money was really tight, but having a 3rd controller would make things a lot easier and you need to consider that its wise to have a backup controller. So if one of them failed, then you could get by with just two in bind. Also, having more controllers can allow you to place the controllers in better places, closer to the display elements, resulting in less extension cords used, in theory.

You may want to consider LED lights in the future, as you will save a lot on energy and it will make the power balancing a lot easier.

I have heard some LEDs work perfectly fine, including fades. Some don't work, mainly the C9 and C7 LED that are removable/replaceable bulbs. Most people use M5 or C6 LED just fine, but prefer full wave over half wave LED.

There hasn't been such a thing in past years, but there is a new product called firefly, made by d-light that is brand new and may be sold soon. I'm not sure it is LED, but it is controllable somehow. You may want to research that product further.

Firefly is a 16 'pixel' LED based display element with it's own controller. Each 'pixel' is independantly controllable, and has 3 base colors which give you the possibility of 1000's of apparent colors for each pixel. The controller emulates 48 channels of 'legacy' controllers.

So, presuming that LOR does or will support this, you would add 48 channels to your sequencer, and attach the Firefly controller as if it were just another controller. Programming it might be exciting unless there is or will be an 'aid' in generating the color patterns. To turn on a pixel on with a particular color, you would turn on the 3 color channels for that pixel to various intensities. Off would be easy. Don't know about ramp up/down; that might be a real challange since color selection is a combination of 3 intensities.

Of course, since you are only interested in 3 color capacity, perhaps this would make the programming easier.

The price is very reasonable considering what you get, but its not going to be very long and probably offers more control than you need. Another option some people have experimented with is getting a multi-color rope light and separating the colors out to separate plugs. Some electronics might be needed. Easiest would be a 'color changing' rope light, but I've only seen 2 color versions of that.