Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2D CCP setup

Believe

14 minutes ago, Believe said:

Yes, the dip switches are all in the off position. I thought the new motionpak sequences would support CCD's but according to LOR the first motionpaks are only going to support singing faces. So I need to add my own programming for the CCD's . All of the sequences I have purchased are modifiable. So i want to try my luck at building a test sequence to see if the CCD's work. I'm scratching my head right now. Lol

Did you set network speed to 500k and check the enhanced button and did you verify unit ID? 

Yes, but I had to set it back because when I did so the channels connected to the CTB16PCg3 do not work when I execute a sequence. What's confusing is the first 24 LED's work when a sequence is executed. It seems like the rest of the strip is not Configured to light. 

7 hours ago, Believe said:

Yes, but I had to set it back because when I did so the channels connected to the CTB16PCg3 do not work when I execute a sequence. What's confusing is the first 24 LED's work when a sequence is executed. It seems like the rest of the strip is not Configured to light. 

I am reading above where myself and Mr. P both informed you that you would need the "controller" firmware update. However you replied "you updated to S4.4.4.40. This is not what we were talking about.

I mentioned "Google" Light O Rama firmware update.

Once on the page scroll down to your device and download the "firmware update" with the asterisk next to it. You then update the controller in HU.

I believe you misunderstood that part of both of our posts.

If everything is configured correctly the CTB will work fine with your controller in enhanced mode. It still resembles a configuration problem. If you have a CTB that is gen1 or 2 they will not play well with gen 3 devices.

JR

I apologize to both of you if my communication was unclear, I updated the firmware to Ver 1.04 prior to downloading S4  4.4.40 software. When updating the firmware I attached only the Pixie2 to the USB485 adapter. I updated via the HU as suggested.

I changed the network speed in network preferences to 500.0K and click enhanced hit apply and ok. I refreshed in HU and all 3 controllers appear.  I select a sequence and the results are as follows: 

None of the lights connected to the CTB16PCg3 lit but the lights connected to the CMB24D lit along with the first 24 LED's in both CCR's.

When I changed the speed back to 57.6k and left enhanced checked I experienced the same result. The lights connected to the CTB16PCg3 remained dark.

When I unchecked enhanced box everything returned back with the Pixie2 only lighting the first 24 LED's .

The firmware for the CTB16PCg3  is at Ver 1.06 and for the CMB24D is at Ver1.05 . Do you think I need the red adapter?  If that's the case then why would any of the LED's connected to the Pixie light?   Regards

Please verify that you have a CTB16PCG3 and not a G2. If a G3 then update the firmware for your G3 as v1.06 may not understand the higher speeds and enhanced networks, the newest version for the G3 is V1.09.

26 minutes ago, Believe said:

I apologize to both of you if my communication was unclear, I updated the firmware to Ver 1.04 prior to downloading S4  4.4.40 software. When updating the firmware I attached only the Pixie2 to the USB485 adapter. I updated via the HU as suggested.

I changed the network speed in network preferences to 500.0K and click enhanced hit apply and ok. I refreshed in HU and all 3 controllers appear.  I select a sequence and the results are as follows: 

None of the lights connected to the CTB16PCg3 lit but the lights connected to the CMB24D lit along with the first 24 LED's in both CCR's.

When I changed the speed back to 57.6k and left enhanced checked I experienced the same result. The lights connected to the CTB16PCg3 remained dark.

When I unchecked enhanced box everything returned back with the Pixie2 only lighting the first 24 LED's .

The firmware for the CTB16PCg3  is at Ver 1.06 and for the CMB24D is at Ver1.05 . Do you think I need the red adapter?  If that's the case then why would any of the LED's connected to the Pixie light?   Regards

Lets go back to the lights themselves.

These may sound like dumb questions.

What lights are you using for the CMB24?

What lights are you using for the pixie?

MR. P ' s question above is needed as well. Please verify you actually have a GEN3 AC controller. 

I helped a guy last week, exact same problem 1/2 strips lighting. Firmware update and enhanced was all it took after I walked him through my process. HE was the reason I posted the step by step pixie16 thread. Those steps can be used for any pixie device.

JR

Let me also ask you this.

Not sure about the pixie2 - never used mine and gave them away.

However the 4's and 8's give you the option to select # of pixels in HU. from 1- 170.

Have you checked to ensure 24 is not selected?

Open HU with only your pixie connected.

Refresh the controller

Once found

Go down to "CONFIG"

Next page go to "CCR/ Pixie Config"

On right side is # of pixels per port.

You may also be given the same option in the "add device" steps. I am not sure what happens if the HU and add device selections don't match but you should give that a try.

Did you buy everything from LOR or used?\

JR

I purchased everything from LOR... I just downloaded the firmware for the CTB16PCg3 to Ver 1.09. I executed a sequence and the result is the same. 

I went into HU (config) as you suggested with only the Pixie connected and the # of pixels per port is set at 50 and the logical resolution is set at 50 as well. 

The user manual that came with the CTB is a generation 3 user manual. Beyond that I don't know how to validate it? 

The lights I am using with the CMB24D are Dumb RGB strips 

The lights I am using with the Pixie2 are CCR-II Ribbons

With the help of JR we built a master config and tested each of the controllers. Each controller worked as designed. The network speed was increased to 500 and enhanced was checked in network preferences. It was discovered that the unit id assigned to the Pixie is reading channels in the sequence that are not setup for pixels. Therefore, some copying and pasting will be required to get the Pixie2 to perform as expected. I will continue to work on modifying some sequences and post the results. Not sure how far I will get during the next week or so due to a calendar full of commitments. I want to thank everyone (JR, Mr.P, tlogan, PhilMassey & The Ducks) for taking the time to educate me and provide sound advice throughout this thread. Regards

Glad we got you up and running.

Just remember before copy paste the RGB from purchased sequence that there is something there besides a few seconds here and there.

Or the color fade tool to create your own as your RR goes through the various boroughs.

My pleasure to assist.

JR

• The topic was locked