Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommended setup on Fresh Windows Vista LOR?

Richard Hamilton

Wait a second... Why did you run the registry wipe after you installed ver 1.6.15?

If you are trying to put LOR on a fresh Vista computer, then you should install the full version that you bought, then after running the control panel, proceed to upgrade to the latest version. You should not run the registry wipe at any time. That will likely prevent you from upgrading.

bisquit476 wrote:

I've installed (v 1.6.15), ran the control panel, removed, ran the registry wipe, reinstalled, ran the control panel, sequence editor, hardware utility, and I still can't install S2. WMP 11 is installed

"Light-ORama is not installed on this PC. This is a product upgrade. You must install and run the full version before you can apply this update! Reason Code = 1"

Any ideas

You have to install and run the 1.6.15 that part is correct. However when you ran registry wipe you removed all reference to LOR in the registry. If your getting the error that LOT is not installed when your installing 1.6.15. I believe that it is because 1.6.15 is only an upgrade. You may have to go back to 1.6.9 to get the full install.

Chuck

1.6.15 exe was the download file I got when I bought the software. I don't have any lower software. From the LOR support site:
Cause: To comply with changes in Vista, LOR software 1.6.3 and higher stores data in different locations on your PC. Due to issues that we do not yet understand, the locations pointers are sometimes incorrect after a Update. Fix: To fix the problem the LOR entries in the System Registry are wiped out so that the freshly installed software can rebuild the information correctly. Follow these steps in the order listed:Stop all LOR programs. If the LOR bulb is running in the system tray right click it and select "Unload Light-O-Rama"

1. Run the LOR Registry Wipe program located here: LORRegistryWipe.exe
  2. Start the Light-O-Rama control panel: Click Start->All Programs->Light-O-Rama->Light-O-Rama Control Panel

After running the registry wipe, I used the location that the LOR software gave me for the control panel as the location of the LOR files. I ran all the utilities in the LOR folder before trying to upgrade to S2, again no help. The first time I ran the install of 1.6.15, I only ran the control panel and sequence editor, but the last time I ran all the utilities. ???

Merry Christmas to all.

I used the reg wipe "after" the S2 upgrade wouldn't work. After running the control panel and sequence editor in v1.6.15, the S2 upgrade wouldn't install. Then I removed the v1.6.15 software, reinstalled the software v1.6.15, ran the registry wipe per LOR instructions, and tried to upgrade again to S2. It wouldn't install, so I tried the whole process again, this time I ran all the utilities before trying to upgrade to S2, with the same results.

Just an FYI here... when I put LOR on my new laptop a couple months ago, I was not able to use version 1.6.x because of the same problem you have. It would not allow me to upgrade. I had to install version 1.5.X and then upgrade to LOR II from there.

Thanks Richard, Don (post above) said about the same thing, I'll contact LOR to get the other software, hopefully that will work. Thanks again, Bill.