Light-O-Rama Forums

Any suggestions on how to mount Holiday Coro cable guard 1500 enclosure boxes?

GriswoldStyle

With lightorama enclosures, the boxes have screw mounts on the outside unfortunately the ones that I purchased from holiday Coro do not have those. Upon looking at them I do not see any type of holes in the back of the box to mount it. It appears they have a slot for mounting them to a pole but I do not see any cut-outs already there. 

Does anybody have suggestions for a good way to mount these? I never had to worry about this before and just was looking at the boxes yesterday and realized it doesn't have those tabs to put screws or bolts on the edges of the box like the LOR ones do.

I have 3 cmb24's in three of the holiday Coro cable guard boxes that are new this year to the display and I need to mount them but was hoping somebody can offer suggestions. Photos would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance. Sorry haven't been in the forums much lately. been busy with the Halloween display now starting on Christmas as I will be starting a new job next month and have to get everything set up two weeks ahead of schedule. So it's been a little crazy here.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Confused here!  Do you have the Gableguard  1500 or do you have the New HC enclosure?

I have 4 CG1500.  I used #14 lag bolts thru the back center (bolt pockets) into wood poles (you could also bolt the to flat surfaces). I just drilled the thin spots to clear the bolts'

If you are really worried about water coming in.

Barn Screws (major hardware stores have these by each)

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-ROOFING-SCREWS-Charcoal-starting/dp/B00TUCRVJ2?keywords=barn+screws&qid=1540827447&sr=8-16&ref=sr_1_16

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TBS99 said:

HC has a video that explains ways to mount them if these are the boxes you are referring to . Here it is.

Tom

Perfect!! that's exactly what I needed was to know how to mount them to the mega tree pole itself with band clamps.. Thanks so much for this I must have missed this video on their site when I ordered them.

43 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Confused here!  Do you have the Gableguard  1500 or do you have the New HC enclosure?

It was the old ones. but the video Tom linked me to was exactly what I needed. I thought maybe they had forgot to cut the holes for the band clamps to mount it to the mega tree pole. Didn't realize the way they had it set up was all you had to do was slightly puncture it to get the bands to go through.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 10:22 AM, GriswoldStyle said:

With lightorama enclosures, the boxes have screw mounts on the outside unfortunately the ones that I purchased from holiday Coro do not have those. Upon looking at them I do not see any type of holes in the back of the box to mount it. It appears they have a slot for mounting them to a pole but I do not see any cut-outs already there. 

Does anybody have suggestions for a good way to mount these? I never had to worry about this before and just was looking at the boxes yesterday and realized it doesn't have those tabs to put screws or bolts on the edges of the box like the LOR ones do.

I have 3 cmb24's in three of the holiday Coro cable guard boxes that are new this year to the display and I need to mount them but was hoping somebody can offer suggestions. Photos would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance. Sorry haven't been in the forums much lately. been busy with the Halloween display now starting on Christmas as I will be starting a new job next month and have to get everything set up two weeks ahead of schedule. So it's been a little crazy here.

What I do is very simple. I drill a hole on both sides of the part that sticks out on the back of the boxes that are used to fit against a pole. I then take a zip tie and push it through the drilled holes and around a piece of rebar that has been driven into the ground. It is a very clean look and very simple.

• The topic was locked