Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LOR need help with S5 and Pixie 16 Config


Lisn2me

Recommended Posts

Completely new to this, bought two Pixie16's and received them the other day and now I am working on setting them up and testing them. I have installed S5 and configured one controller assigned in Hardware Utility and I am able to turn the lights on when using HU test function so I think so far I am correctly set up.. When I now open the LOR control panel and open the sequencer I am not seeing any Comm Listener dialog box? I think I should. I haven't gone any further because I do believe I should see a Comm Listener. Am I right. 

 

also noticed that unless I have the HU open the light on the Pixie card is flashing, once I open the HU the light goes solid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The status light on the Pixie will stay blinking unless it is seeing the heartbeat from either a computer or show director, so it would appear that A ) you do have the network physically connected to the computer correctly, and B ) The Pixie is working.  Good so far.

As for the Comm Listener, When you start the Control Panel, the Comm Listener should start automatically.  However it normally does not pop up on screen unless you click on it.

I was going to add more, but my sister is in town for only a few hours, so I am gotta run...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lisn2me said:

Completely new to this, bought two Pixie16's and received them the other day and now I am working on setting them up and testing them. I have installed S5 and configured one controller assigned in Hardware Utility and I am able to turn the lights on when using HU test function so I think so far I am correctly set up.. When I now open the LOR control panel and open the sequencer I am not seeing any Comm Listener dialog box? I think I should. I haven't gone any further because I do believe I should see a Comm Listener. Am I right. 

 

also noticed that unless I have the HU open the light on the Pixie card is flashing, once I open the HU the light goes solid. 

The HU actually means pretty much nothing in the scope of configuring the pixie outside of HU. 

I could hook a sandwich to the HU and as long as I have lights connected to it, get HU to throw commands at it. However as soon as I remove the bread the sandwich is no longer a sandwich.

Its a little more in depth than using the HU to configure the pixie.

Search for pixie16 help and read over my step by step on configuring the pixie 16. I have posted in numerous times in an attempt that others will search for help and read it.

In the event you need assistance feel free to ask,

I can help with setting up the pixies but no help from me with S5. 

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your profile states you have a Standard license, the first thing you need to do is upgrade it or you won't get the full affect of the Pixies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, 

I upgrade to pro today, didn't realize I wouldn't get the benefit of pixie 16 with standard version. 

18 hours ago, k6ccc said:

As for the Comm Listener, When you start the Control Panel, the Comm Listener should start automatically.  However it normally does not pop up on screen unless you click on it.

yeah something is wrong here the Comm Listener is not in my task bar neither, and when I check the Control lights tab in SE the "light bulb" is not active,  so for some reason CL not opening up. I have restarted my PC but no luck. 

17 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Search for pixie16 help and read over my step by step on configuring the pixie 16. I have posted in numerous times in an attempt that others will search for help and read it.

In the event you need assistance feel free to ask,

JR

JR -  I started through your steps but when I got to the add a sequence portion I don't have one to put in and got lost on creating my own so I am going to have to read up on that.. maybe I will put in a free one or something I can puck up cheaply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lisn2me said:

Thanks guys, 

I upgrade to pro today, didn't realize I wouldn't get the benefit of pixie 16 with standard version. 

yeah something is wrong here the Comm Listener is not in my task bar neither, and when I check the Control lights tab in SE the "light bulb" is not active,  so for some reason CL not opening up. I have restarted my PC but no luck. 

JR -  I started through your steps but when I got to the add a sequence portion I don't have one to put in and got lost on creating my own so I am going to have to read up on that.. maybe I will put in a free one or something I can puck up cheaply. 

we have about 300 free ones LOL

Are you sure your config is gtg

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little progress, and updates this morning. I after upgrading to Pro the Comm Listener is now showing up in the Task bar so that is no longer a concern. 

 

I also decided for sake of ease, learning curve and after to talking to JR to change my software version from 5.1.4 to  4.3.36.. I still have S5 on another PC but for now I am going to use 4.3.36, profile has been updated.  I am going to walk through the steps JR provided again and recheck configuration.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...