Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving on copy and paste

~DOC~

When saving a sequence you just made from a shared sequence do you save them both since there open or do you close the shared sequence? Ah dumb question how do you get the shared sequence closed to save your new sequence. 

If you have both sequences open there will be tabs at the top of the sequences. Whichever sequence tab you are on is what the actions pertain to, save, close or whatever.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ~DOC~ said:

So make sure the tab that’s my sequence is the one in front (showing)? Does it save both or just the one?

It will save whatever tab you are on.

My suggestion is to never change or save the shared or purchased sequence.  That way you can always go back to whatever you obtained elsewhere.

And as Mr. P said, it will save the sequence that is active at the time.

When you open a shared or purchased sequence to copy from you have done nothing to even be given the reason to save it. Now if you listen to it and add the music file, you will have the option to save. Unless you made changes to the donor or purchased sequence there is nothing to save and the only thing you would be saving to that is the music link.

Therefore as my friends above stated, no reason to save it. You may have accidentally deleted or moved things during copy paste, (shoot happens), so best not to save.

JR

Agree with the others here, never save a shared sequence, always try to keep it in its original form {even WITHOUT} format.  I never add music to shared sequences I may acquire, I create a new sequence and copy/paste from the shared one.  As other said, the tab that is highlighted is the open sequence, if you want to close just the shared sequence there is a very small x in the right corner, NOT the one one RED, it is usually a black x in a grayish/white box, a lot smaller than the RED X that will close everything, once the sequence tab is highlighted, that small x will close THAT sequence and ONLY that sequence inside the SE, so you don't have to go to File and find Close.

The easiest way to open and close sequences is right on the SE Toolbar you'll see two folders one {open folder} with an arrow pointing somewhat downward and sort of into it, this one OPENS Sequences, the one {closed folder} to the right of it has an Arrow Point upward and sort of away from it, this one CLOSES sequences that are in the active TAB.  

{on SE Toolbar} Open Folder = OPEN a Sequence, CLOSED Folder = Close a Sequence

Always remember: ONLY the Active/Highlighted Sequence in the Tab  can be CLOSED, it won't close all files, you'd have to the File Menu and selcect Close All Files to do that, if changed had been made to any sequence, during CLOSING SE will ask you if you wish to Save Changes, select NO for SHARED sequences, ALWAYS select YES for YOUR CREATED Sequences!   Or you'll lose all the work you just put into it.   Been there, done that enough, learned the hard way. LOL

• The topic was locked