Light-O-Rama Forums

Splitting CTB16PC Controller Channels between 2 types of Sequences, Is this possible?

Orville

Like the title says, I want to split an CTB16PC Controller into 2 separate sequences using one bank of Channels for Musical Sequences {Channels 1-8}, then I want to put Animation Sequences on the other bank of channels {Channels 9-16}.   

I know Show Editor runs Animation Sequences concurrently with Musical Sequence, but usually I've always separated these as each Controller operates all channels on the one type Sequence, I've never tried "Splitting" an CTB16PC into 2 separate banks using different sequence types.   I.E.  Channels 1-8 would control my wire frame skulls{2}, wire frame bat{1} and 4 blow molds and an Halloween Tree, the next 8 would control 2 blow molds, 2 tombstones with mounted lit characters {each being 3 channels/6 in total for these tombstones}.

But before I go putting a lot of extra work in these additions to my Halloween Display this year, I want to make sure it can be done before committing and wasting time on something that might not work.   As I'm not sure this is possible, so asking the experts out here that may have done this and know if it worked or not.  Kind of thinking one cat5e cable from adapter to a single controller split like this might not be possible, but I really don't have a clue if it can work or not.

And if no one has ever tried it, I guess I'll have to try it out and see what happens.  

I know it's a little late to be asking this, but found some of my other items and would like to use{modify} existing musical sequences for those that would appear to be singing {these ARE NOT actual singing faces} by flashing the lights to the words in a song {Musical Sequence}, with the others {Animation Sequence} just fading/shimmering or turning off and on if desired.

Hoping someone has tried this and can let me know how it worked out.

Thanks for any info in advance on this.

Edited by Orville

No problem at all.  As far as the controllers and sequencing, each channel is separate.  The only thing you MUST do is the musical sequence can not have the channels that are used in the animation sequence, and the animation sequence can not have the channels used in the musical sequence.  They can't just be off, they have to be NOT there at all.  So if you add the channels initially by adding the controller (as opposed to adding individual channels), but are only using some of the channels, you MUST delete the unused channels.

If you have the same channel in both sequences, they will be sending conflicting commands to the controller.

18 hours ago, k6ccc said:

No problem at all.  As far as the controllers and sequencing, each channel is separate.  The only thing you MUST do is the musical sequence can not have the channels that are used in the animation sequence, and the animation sequence can not have the channels used in the musical sequence.  They can't just be off, they have to be NOT there at all.  So if you add the channels initially by adding the controller (as opposed to adding individual channels), but are only using some of the channels, you MUST delete the unused channels.

If you have the same channel in both sequences, they will be sending conflicting commands to the controller.

Thanks Jim.  That's what I was sort of thinking, but wasn't sure how to split the controller like that.  That all makes sense and now I have something new to add to my Notebook of LOR NOTES for future use and reference.

I wasn't sure if ALL channels would be in both sequences or if I could leave half of them out or the ones I wasn't using in one or the other.

Sure has made it a lot simpler than I would have done initially, if I had tried it, I would have put all the channels in both sequences then going temporarily insane trying to figure out why it wasn't working.   {hence my tag line origins}.🤣🤣🤣

• The topic was locked