Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 questions

JStur23

I change the unit id in the Hardware utility.  I refresh and it comes up with what I changed it to.  Once I shutdown HU and reopen it the Pixie shows up as unit id 01 again.  Any ideas?

2nd question is regarding sequences.  Do I have to run sequences lets say purchased at superstar lights( 16CCR with RGB start) in DMX mode or will they just work as long as the unit id is correct?  I am trying a 16X50 lor pixel tree.

I am pretty much lost with these pixel

Thanks,

Joey

There is a set of dip switches on the controller that has the unit set to ID 1, you need to turn them off.

As far as the sequences, you can copy and paste them into LOR or DMX.

• Like 1

Don't mess with the jumper.

Turn the only dip switch that is "On" to off.

Need help text me a cell # and good time to call.

JR

JR

All the dip switches were off.  So I thought I should be able to change the id with all the switches off.  Didn't work.  So I set the switches for 0A and it seems to stay after I changed the id.  I powered everything down and backup.  It came back as 0A .

Thanks for the help.

5 hours ago, JStur23 said:

JR

All the dip switches were off.  So I thought I should be able to change the id with all the switches off.  Didn't work.  So I set the switches for 0A and it seems to stay after I changed the id.  I powered everything down and backup.  It came back as 0A .

Thanks for the help.

With all "off" that is how you manually select the unit ID. Now if you removed the jumper as TheDucks suggested above and booted you could have changed something. Replacing the jumper and resetting the unit should restore the dip switch setting. I mean if you ever want to change it from 0A to anything else you will have to do that procedure.

Out of all the units I have and all of the people I assisted yours would be the very first not allowing the ID to be set by the all off position. 

If you need further assistance give me a shout.

JR

• The topic was locked