Light-O-Rama Forums

More than 264 channels

ed26105

I am trying to add more channels this year. I took a sequence from last year that had 160 channels, and added controllers to get to 264 channels. (I still need to add a few more.) I created a second track with 5 controllers, created an animation, and exported the channel settings.

When I take another sequence from last year, and import that channel configuration, all the channels don't get imported, but does import some from the second track twice.

Do I need to export only one track, and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Exporting and importing when there's more than one track can work fine, but you have to make absolutely sure that you understand what's going to happen when you do it. If you're not absolutely sure, there could be things that will happen that you're not expecting.

Please take a look at the following part of the help file:

"The Light-O-Rama Software Package" / "Sequence Editor" / "The Menu Bar" / "The Edit Menu" / "Export and Import Channel Configuration" / "Important Note".

Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Thanks for the reply. No more questions, just lots of work to do. I couldn't find that info when I went looking for it, so it did help.

What I did was change some tracks around on the display, added a track, then exported and imported into another sequence. You can't do that. I didn't realize that importing did not import based on the channel information, but the layout on the screen. I have six sequences to add channels to, and reprogram. The problem is the screen layout isn't optimum, so I will have to add the new channels, then rearrange the screen on each sequence. But that is why I call this a hobby, something to do with my time!