Light-O-Rama Forums

Making the big conversion

kj11856

9 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I dont know what either of you mentioning white are talking about.   Pasting a clipped regular channel area into a pixel are in S4 will give you white garbage.   You need to triple it out first before pasting with the R G B break out or AutoFlip

What I am talking about, if you take 16 regular channels and just copy and paste that into RGB channels then the RGB channels will come out white as it will paste into the next 16 channels, RGBRGBRGBRGBRGBR. That is what I like about your RGB Converter it reorders the channel breakout into RRR GGG BBB so you can pste 16 consecutive channels on to 16 consecutive red channels.

Grouping does not make them white. If you have 100 pixels on an output. If you do grouping of 100, it is turning the string into  an RGB string. To LOR it would be 1 channel of red, green and blue. I used grouping a lot in the my early days of pixels to match up older sequences. 

15 minutes ago, dougd said:

Grouping does not make them white. If you have 100 pixels on an output. If you do grouping of 100, it is turning the string into  an RGB string. To LOR it would be 1 channel of red, green and blue. I used grouping a lot in the my early days of pixels to match up older sequences. 

Correct, but if you paste one ac channel into an RGB group it will paste to red, if you paste two ac channels it will paste to red and green. If you paste 16 consecutive ac channels it will make 5 white rgb pixels and one red.

I am interpreting that as it COULD make white.   If all three are present at the same moment.  There could be a lot of colors if the source is sparse.      However it turns out it is obvious that a paste of this type does not give the result of 'like the source'.   

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, MattBrown said:

Since it was posted in the S5 forum, I was assuming the OP was using S5 and that their profile was out of date. Maybe @kj11856 can clarify?

Matt

no im converting from s4 to s5. Matt, can you email me at kjar71@comcast.net so I can send you this sequence please. Can you look at it and tell me what im doing wrong