Light-O-Rama Forums

running wires to the outside

budslights

Getting in here late, but what kind of controllers are you using, pixel or AC controllers? If using AC controller to control incan or LED light strings, get a pair of Easy Linker wireless modules. Put in inside the house connected to your LOR 485 converter and hook the other to a controller on outside of house and done, no wires running through the wall or window. Also protects computer from lightning and power surges since no physical connection.

If you are running lots of pixels and RGB's, this likely won't work but or bandwidth limitations.

Daryl

• 4 weeks later...

I am using all A/C controllers only rgb is one strand of cosmic color bulbs. I am all setup to have the controllers inside. None of my controllers are in enclosures they are all bolted to one piece of plywood, with standoffs not right up against the wood. I have an old city home and have an all concrete room under my porch and thats where the sub panel and controllers are. Don't feel like making the investment of buying enclosures and reconfiguring all of my snake cables. I am running 12 16 channel controllers. I was just wondering for those who do mount their controllers inside on there route to get the cables outside. I like the steel wool idea and this time of year the mice are the main concern about getting inside. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. 

• The topic was locked