Light-O-Rama Forums

wirerless E131 connection

Wolffy

when the instruction say no wireless connections, They are just talking about the PROP to the Laptop Correct? Not the internet connection TO my laptop.

Thanks 

Where are you talking about?  There is not a problem running E1.31 via WiFi unless you have bandwidth issues.  Although not how I will run it in production, I ran 32 universes for a P5 matrix via WiFi and the other 40 universes via a wired connection for a test.  Worked fine.  I know of one person running E1.31 over a 1/2 mile microwave path.

Thanks, I am having an issue with an E131 and in the instructions it confused me with the no wireless connection. I figured out. it means you have to use a cat 5 connection  to the prop. not the network connection.

which I know this is my 4th year. But maybe you can help. The power ( green light will not come on) the red is solid. So LOR sent me instruction but so far its not helping.

Wolffy

Let's start out with, what hardware are you even talking about?  I am speculating that you are talking about a Pixcon16.

Also, what software version are you using and what license level do you have?  Please update your profile to shows those two so people don't keep having to ask.  Many questions here depend on those two pieces of information in order to know how to answer...

• The topic was locked