Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple show builder

GrenzTravis

Someone shared a sequence with me and the show builder is saying that the audio file doesn't exist. It is looking for the file under the original users directory even though I saved it under audio in my light o rama folder on my computer. Anyone know what might be going on? Here is a screenshot of the error LOR.JPG.22d9324bc32e92dd67298db502394a46.JPG

You'll probably have to open the sequence in the Sequence Editor and select "Media File" under the Edit pulldown menu. Then find your audio file and select it.

I did that. I went through the sequence with the song and everything because I had to put my ccr tree in...

1 hour ago, GrenzTravis said:

I did that. I went through the sequence with the song and everything because I had to put my ccr tree in...

For SSB the mp3 needs to be in the documents/light o rama/ audio folder and the sequence has to be in the sequences folder.

Are you using two separate computers 1- show and 2- sequencing? This adds a couple more steps.

And that is a wonderful sequence.

JR

My mp3 is in the audio folder and my sequence is in the sequence folder. I am using a computer for my sequencing and the showtime central with the mini director for the show.  When I open the sequence and run through it, it has no problem finding the song or anything. I thought it might be the mp3 that was the problem so I bought the song on amazon again and directed the sequence to that and it is still looking for it in the wrong place when I use the show builder. 

It is an amazing sequence, I just hope that I can actually see it in action! ?

Edited by GrenzTravis

15 minutes ago, GrenzTravis said:

I tried HU...got the same basic error

Capture.JPG

As a last resort make a copy of the MP3 and rename the copy the name that the director is looking for in this case - What's This Nightmare before Christmas  - you must write it as it is looking.

The final try - start a new sequence and copy everything with your mp3

The name of the song it is looking for is not the name of the sequence originally posted, if you relinked the song to the sequence it should not be looking for James folder.

JR

I think I found the problem...I edited this sequence by adding 2 CCR props (one tree and a custom prop-each having 16 ccr strands) when i saved the sequence, it saved it as an loredit extension. so I did some research and I need to create a playback file? when I try to do that, it gives me this error. How do I fix it now?Capture.JPG.3211b05fa9f207a339a0d1095e1aa855.JPG   Thanks for your help so far JR

6 minutes ago, GrenzTravis said:

I think I found the problem...I edited this sequence by adding 2 CCR props (one tree and a custom prop-each having 16 ccr strands) when i saved the sequence, it saved it as an loredit extension. so I did some research and I need to create a playback file? when I try to do that, it gives me this error. How do I fix it now?Capture.JPG.3211b05fa9f207a339a0d1095e1aa855.JPG   Thanks for your help so far JR

I don't know S5 however the way I read that, you need to got to the Network Preferences tab and select the network and check the "enhanced" tab. Alos ensure its 500K

That's all I got for that

JR

Network Preferences tab? is that in the S% program? or somewhere else? I'm sorry I am having so many issues.

16 minutes ago, GrenzTravis said:

Network Preferences tab? is that in the S% program? or somewhere else? I'm sorry I am having so many issues.

Look in your programs/ apps or wherever your program folders are or if you have the LOR lightbulb in your system tray. Its a big NP on a purple background (icon)

Should be right under HU (however you find that)

You will have 3 tabs LOR DMX MISC

If you have never opened before you will want to click the advanced button on the right, it will then open to look like a spreadsheet

You will have your networks on the left and the other information on each network used.

Ensure whatever nw your ccrs are on are 500K speed and the last box should be enhanced. Often you will a box when you change the speed and you can select enhanced on the same box

JR

• The topic was locked