Light-O-Rama Forums

MS Vista LOR S2

George Simmons

Hi,

I've been running LOR S2 software uneventfully on my home computer - a desktop model running Windows XP. Just today, I ordered a Dell notebook model which comes with Vista. (Of course, the notebook is for work - I'll have LOR loaded on it just in case my car breaks down or the electricity goes out in the office or something like that and I find myself with unaviodable free time.) Is there anything I should know about regarding LOR's stability under Vista? (Or should that read "Vista's stability"?) Will I have any problems working with and transferring sequences back and forth between machines? Is there anything else I'm too dumb to even know I'm supposed to ask?

Thanks.

George

Thanks Jeff. I've been using S2 since it was released, so that's not an issue. It really doesn't matter where the software stores the sequence files because I'll move them to where I want them anyway. My concern was more along the lines of whether there would be any incompatibility between Vista and XP that might somehow corrupt the LOR files, specifically regarding compatibility between the two OS. From your post, it doesn't sound like there would be. I appreciate the info.

George