Light-O-Rama Forums

Transfer LOR from one PC to another?

KeysNole

I am looking to transfer LOR from my laptop to a backup PC that does not currently have internet. Is there a way to do this with a flash drive? Sorry if this has been addressed; I did not see it in the FAQ.

Copy your data files in their folders, all of them, to the second machine. Keep the same folder layout and structure as the original machine. 

Download the installer and copy that to the new machine, run it to install LOR.

Start SE and when it asks for the file locations, point it to your data files.

If it doesn't ask run LORpost.exe to do that.

Activate the software with your license key.

You may have to open each sequence and reassociate the audio files.

In order to register the LOR software (required in order to control lights or save files in non-protected mode) you either have to be internet connected or follow the off-line registration process.

3 hours ago, KeysNole said:

I am looking to transfer LOR from my laptop to a backup PC that does not currently have internet. Is there a way to do this with a flash drive? Sorry if this has been addressed; I did not see it in the FAQ.

Easier just to buy a cheap internet dongle and attach it to the non internet computer, as long as it has an USB Port, just use the wireless internet dongle to install the LOR software and register it.  I think I paid between $9-$12 at Wal-Mart.com for the one I use on my desktop PC.  If I want that PC disconnected from the internet. I just unplug the USB Internet Dongle and it's no longer externally connected to anything internet related.

If you shoot me a PM with your snail-mail address and put Wireless Internet Dongle in the Subject line, so I know what it is we're talking about as I get a few PM's from time to time.  I have an extra wireless USB Dongle that I can send you for free.  

As long as your computer has an USB port available, just plug it in, let Windows install it {no CD install files required}, once done, connect to your network, do what you need and then use the Windows Safely Remove Hardware, find the dongle, usually named something like "Eject 802.11n WLAN Adapter", just click on that, then remove the device.  It's that simple.

That way if you need the internet for updates or upgrades on that computer, just re-insert the wireless internet dongle when needed, do what you need to do and repeat the remove hardware procedure.   You can just unplug it, but it's actually better to eject it safely, as that turns the device off before removal.

Just let me know.

• The topic was locked