Light-O-Rama Forums

Inverse Function Button

Frankieswi

Hey, CLASS (Chrismas Light Addict Super Stars), does this sound like a good idea to you?  Often, I find I have multiple sets of lights on the same element of my display, and I want to do an alternating function like red on and blue off, the red off and blue on.....or one fading up while the other fades down.  Generally, I have it in a steady beat....like 4 seconds of on, 4 off, so all I do is copy the one I've sequenced and paste it with a 4 second offset on the other, thus creating an alternating effect, which still requires some tweaking afterward.  Where I really get difficulty is on functions like the VU meter.   Yes, there are times when I wish I could create an alternating on/off using that VU function, but its VERY time consuming.  I think the LOR programmers should be able to add that functionality a lot easier than I can sequence it, and with 99.9% accuracy.....

any ideas?  is there a suggestion box?

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Frankieswi said:

Hey, CLASS (Chrismas Light Addict Super Stars), does this sound like a good idea to you?  Often, I find I have multiple sets of lights on the same element of my display, and I want to do an alternating function like red on and blue off, the red off and blue on.....or one fading up while the other fades down.  Generally, I have it in a steady beat....like 4 seconds of on, 4 off, so all I do is copy the one I've sequenced and paste it with a 4 second offset on the other, thus creating an alternating effect, which still requires some tweaking afterward.  Where I really get difficulty is on functions like the VU meter.   Yes, there are times when I wish I could create an alternating on/off using that VU function, but its VERY time consuming.  I think the LOR programmers should be able to add that functionality a lot easier than I can sequence it, and with 99.9% accuracy.....

There is an LOR suggestion email address, I just cant remember it.

Maybe someone will chime in but it is the busy time of year. Personally nothing (software wise) can compare to the human hand pecking at a sequence. It is time consuming but well worth it.

Easiest way is to find the instrumental music sheets for whatever song you are sequencing. Normally online you can get them for free or a small fee.

JR

On 10/15/2018 at 1:30 PM, Frankieswi said:

Please post some pictures.    I think this manipulation could be done as a mode of AutoFlip .   Are you doing this exclusively on regular channels?

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, ItsMeBobO said:

Please post some pictures.    I think this manipulation could be done as a mode of AutoFlip .   Are you doing this exclusively on regular channels?

I'm not sure what pics you want.....its more of a general question to me.... if you mean AC light channels, then yes.  Mostly, I do like using the VU meter tool....so if I say "turn on channel x 77% of the time", then I might like to turn OFF channel y 23% of the time.  For the most part, it works pretty well, but there seems to be times where I end up with both channels on.....like 77% might really be 77.3%, and 23% might really be 23.4%, so there is an overlap. (?) Usually, if its significant, I just re-select my percentages, and I can get it very close to perfect.  I just wish there was a tool to do it....select one section (part of or all of a row), and tell it to do the opposite.  With fades its pretty easy, as you know.  with the VU, and I typically time at 1/10 of a second, you might see something that looks like a fraction of that tenth.....literally a flicker.  Trying to make another channel on for the duration of that tenth is a challenge!

okay, maybe I'm just being picky.......

• The topic was locked