Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 Show Editor major problems

dibblejr

*** Update

But first

i want to say thank you to everyone that posted help in here.

I said it earlier, I received help from within and outside of the forums from friends.

If I didn’t specificaly reply to your advice does not mean I didn’t try it. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Between the Help Deak, Matt Brown and all of you and my friends we through everything at the problem.

Seeiously I don’t know if it was a combination of methods but in the end it worked.

Registery wipe- did not work in this case. I had 7 dll files that would not delete. I kept getting the error box during the wipe.

Even though I deleted the x86 files and all of my sequence , audio and anything pertaining to LOR when I rebooted it was all replaced right where it was. That was after I even emptied the recycle bin.

I provided Matt with complete steps taken and the failure of the wipe tool in my case. I attempted at least 4 times to delete 4.3.36 and it just never worked.

Along with countless pics and videos. For some reason my messages within the help desk kept trippling themselves. I know they thought I was doing it on purpose but I wasn’t. Not my mannerism. 

In the end I gave up on the uninstall and wipe. I did have to put my name and license number in, luckily I took a picture prior to this problem.

I was just in the process of opening SE on my sequencing laptop and try to “save as” to my external HDD. I had 3 sequence in the HDD and Phil Massey recommended that I try Exporting the sequence as a compressed sequence from with my sequencing laptop. Copy the LMS and LCS files to the show computer sequence folder.

I also had to relink the audio in SE on the show computer. I had forgotten this step and the first show file I made I received “cannot read show file”

I realized right away what I had done.

In the end this method has worked for me. I was able to add 2 new sequences today just prior to show time and all have played without fail.

Thank you to K6CCC  Jim, Mr. P , Phil Massey, Matt Brown ,  beckanator , jfuller8400

Also Derkengoogly - Don , James Morris and Greg for sticking by me (most of the time)

If I missed anyone here, I apologize it’s been a long 5 days.

Now I can take a couple days to recover and have a drink.

Thank you to all

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

"Registery wipe- did not work in this case. I had 7 dll files that would not delete. I kept getting the error box during the wipe."

I provided Matt with complete steps taken and the failure of the wipe tool in my case. I attempted at least 4 times to delete 4.3.36 and it just never worked.

Did you attempt to delete 4.3.36  through Add/Remove programs in W 10, or the install, repair, modify? (I read somewhere in a thread that one should delete it through "Add or Remove Program" through the System Settings interface).  Did the RegWipe give you the 'error box' were you getting? Just curious... Glad you got her working!!! ??

9 minutes ago, beckanator said:

Yes, I read that thread. While looking for the wipe link. Within the thread Matt also said "delete the x86 LOR folder - did and it wouldn't stay deleted.

Yes, the reg wipe gave me the little box with the error. I could click it but it would remove the last 7 dll files.

The strange part was all of the files I deleted reappearing. 

I tried both was "add remove" and the "install LOR software "remove" pesky little files just kept showing back up. Made a video showing deleting and going through the motion and they came back. In the military we say "spinning our wheels".

JR

Wow, odd to say the least. Well, I'm glad you got it going. I'm working away on sequences and putting my show together. Cheers!!! ?

I use the preload ALL sequences before any are played in the Show Editor and I've never had any issues using that option, I also use in the musical tab, play randomly, and I usually will be running anywhere from 61 music files for my Off-Hours time{albeit only a single channel sequence}, but actual show is anywhere from 40-60 musical sequences and I've done this for years now.  

This year for Halloween, just running animation sequences, didn't have time to update all my old Halloween Sequences {Pre S4.3.36 Pro} to the new RGB lighting with music synchronization, hopefully next year back to regular musical show for Halloween.   But testing my Christmas Musical Show, all works perfectly as it should.

But, I've had those Memory Allocation Errors before, but they weren't caused by the LOR Software, they were, however, caused by programs, such as Anti-Virus or some Windows programs running in the background.   Once I found the offending background programs, turned them off, that issue went away.   These programs can also cause lag times as well as even sequences not playing correctly or at all.  

If it's NOT a system file, I shut any background software off running in Windows background or any other software {NOT ANY LOR software!}, not required or needed is also turned off.   You have to do this through Task Manager. 

I only have 2GB of memory and I haven't seen that Memory Allocation error in years now.  After turning off a lot of unnecessary background programs, everything's been running fine on this antiquated desktop PC system I'm using.

21 minutes ago, Orville said:

I use the preload ALL sequences before any are played in the Show Editor and I've never had any issues using that option, I also use in the musical tab, play randomly, and I usually will be running anywhere from 61 music files for my Off-Hours time{albeit only a single channel sequence}, but actual show is anywhere from 40-60 musical sequences and I've done this for years now.  

This year for Halloween, just running animation sequences, didn't have time to update all my old Halloween Sequences {Pre S4.3.36 Pro} to the new RGB lighting with music synchronization, hopefully next year back to regular musical show for Halloween.   But testing my Christmas Musical Show, all works perfectly as it should.

But, I've had those Memory Allocation Errors before, but they weren't caused by the LOR Software, they were, however, caused by programs, such as Anti-Virus or some Windows programs running in the background.   Once I found the offending background programs, turned them off, that issue went away.   These programs can also cause lag times as well as even sequences not playing correctly or at all.  

If it's NOT a system file, I shut any background software off running in Windows background or any other software {NOT ANY LOR software!}, not required or needed is also turned off.   You have to do this through Task Manager. 

I only have 2GB of memory and I haven't seen that Memory Allocation error in years now.  After turning off a lot of unnecessary background programs, everything's been running fine on this antiquated desktop PC system I'm using.

Didn’t work for me. I have nothing on this computer brand new basically. No problems last year Christmas after my old computer died.

Just inexplicable. It would run the initial show cycle and just error every consecutive time.

HD must have been overwhelmed by my pics and vids. Just weird.

LOR and Audacity only outside software and the computer is full of memory with max used 10%

Even the LOR wipe didn’t work. Just wouldn’t remove LOR, it never did. Many attempts.

As soon as I used the SE export as compressed as suggested by Phil Massey - it worked.

Problem not solved but show works and hasn’t missed a beat. Showing 12 sequences now thanks to a little help from 

GriswoldStyle - owe him “hugely or highly”

JR

20 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Didn’t work for me. I have nothing on this computer brand new basically. No problems last year Christmas after my old computer died.

Just inexplicable. It would run the initial show cycle and just error every consecutive time.

HD must have been overwhelmed by my pics and vids. Just weird.

LOR and Audacity only outside software and the computer is full of memory with max used 10%

Even the LOR wipe didn’t work. Just wouldn’t remove LOR, it never did. Many attempts.

As soon as I used the SE export as compressed as suggested by Phil Massey - it worked.

Problem not solved but show works and hasn’t missed a beat. Showing 12 sequences now thanks to a little help from 

GriswoldStyle - owe him “hugely or highly”

JR

Glad you got it working at least.  Windows is however a memory hog at times when you just don't know it.  The majority of the software, at least 95% of it is all something Windows had set in motion.  I turn off most everything Windows related that isn't a system file needed running in the background.

Sure are a lot of background files running strictly for and by Windows.  2% may be Anti-Virus or some other unnecessary software, but about 1%-3 % is the LOR files, depending on what's going on at the time.   And of course I NEVER turn off LOR files for any reason, unless the system crashes because of some other issue, and then if I have to restart the computer, everything gets shut down anyhow.

Just hope it keeps your show up and running without any further problems!

20 hours ago, Orville said:

Glad you got it working at least.  Windows is however a memory hog at times when you just don't know it.  The majority of the software, at least 95% of it is all something Windows had set in motion.  I turn off most everything Windows related that isn't a system file needed running in the background.

Sure are a lot of background files running strictly for and by Windows.  2% may be Anti-Virus or some other unnecessary software, but about 1%-3 % is the LOR files, depending on what's going on at the time.   And of course I NEVER turn off LOR files for any reason, unless the system crashes because of some other issue, and then if I have to restart the computer, everything gets shut down anyhow.

Just hope it keeps your show up and running without any further problems!

Been working since without a single error. 4 hours each week night and 6 hours F/S

Added a couple steps to show creation but well worth it.

JR

I think, if that were my machine, I would reinstall Windows, as soon as the season is over, or sooner if, (God forbid), it starts misbehaving again. I'll be happy to work you through that process if you need help.

Been working since without a single error. 4 hours each week night and 6 hours F/S

Added a couple steps to show creation but well worth it.

JR

Glad to hear all is now going well. 

I agree with Phil on the re-install of Windows after the season's over.  Just in case Windows did something that caused those issues in the first place.