Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Sequencing Help Needed

PackerGirl21

Hi need some advice on something weird happening with my CCBs. I am still pretty new to LOR, so don't know all the lingo so bear with me, but I have built a musical sequence using beat wizard. We have 4 - 16 channel controllers, and 2 light controllers each with 2 strands of CCBs. Everything single thing works correctly and as it is sequenced except the last 5 light bulbs on one of the strands. All other bulbs follow the color fading and on/off as sequenced. The last 5 bulbs change to random colors that seem to follow the beat of the song. Those bulbs are sequenced the exact same as the  100+ bulbs that come before it, but seem to do what they want. The faster the beat of the song the more they change colors. I have tried to just turn them off in the sequence, but they won't turn off. They refuse to follow any sequence built and change random colors to follow the song. Any ideas or advice would be helpful. 

Welcome to the Forums PakcerGirl,
We will need some more info. What version of the software are you using?, and what is you license level?  Please update your profile. See the gif below.

profile.gif

Alan...

When you added the device, it adds the 50 channel rows of black then you should have a few blank ones below those channels in se. double check those blank ones or select all the rows in the blank ones then cut everything from it. Sounds like you may have something in that area that could be causing a conflict. not saying that is the case but I did experience that before and had to go in and clear out all those blank spaces. I believe those are called the macro channels if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Like 1

Thanks. I double and triple checked those macros channels (151-157) and there is nothing in there. Maybe I will delete those extra channels and see if it helps

1 hour ago, PackerGirl21 said:

Thanks. I double and triple checked those macros channels (151-157) and there is nothing in there. Maybe I will delete those extra channels and see if it helps

Could you possibly attach some screenshots of the device Channel IDs of the ones you're having a problem with? If you're not having problems with the macro channels it could possibly be something wrong with the string itself. Is it only doing it on the One controller and one string or is it doing it on a different string as well? Meaning, did you swap out the string on the same controller to a different string to see if maybe that's possibly the problem? It's not unheard of to occasionally get a bad string.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

If your not sure how to take screenshots in Windows 10, here is a website for using snipping tool included with Win10. You can then upload the pic here to the forums.

Screenshots in Windows 10 using built in Snipping Tool

I haven't used S4, for quite alwhile so I would not be much help with the original issue.

Alan...

Edited by default

Capture 1 is the device / strand having the issue. It is unit 2, string two, bulbs 45-50. Capture 2 is the second line on unit 1. Both set up the same. Only having issues on unit 2, string 2. String 1 works fine. We sent back all the controllers and lights earlier this year under warranty with this being one of the complaints. LOR couldn't find anything wrong with the line, but it only happens on a musical sequence. When doing animation it works fine, when testing in HU or the control panel they do everything fine without the music. Happens on all musical sequences I build. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

maybe something is wrong with the circuit numbers.  if you have one unit id the circuits climb to 300's.  if you have two unit id's the circuits climb into 150's each unit id.  Nice screen capture by the way

I can't quite place my finger on it but the screenshots give me an uneasy feeling. Each screenshot shows pixel 50 on circuits 308, 309, qnd 310. One string of 50 would be 150 channels a second string would be 150 more channels for a total of 300 yet you are in 308, 309 and 310. Something is telling me you are in the macro channels somewhere.

if you insert device into sequence, depending on one unit id or two, S1 would have 150 plus macros and S2 would be starting at 161 plus macros.  But two unit id's would be 150 plus macros.

Hmmm, I thought there were only seven macro channels, what am I missing? I usually just delete them.

151 - Resolution

152 - Macro Mode

153 - Macro Submode

154 - Macro Effect

155 - Color Mode

156 - Color Speed

157 - Color Intensity

From my understanding there are 7 (151-157) plus 3 hidden reserved channels. So line 1 will go from 1-160 (151-160 macro/hidden) and line 2 will go from 161-320 (311-320 macro/hidden). At least that is what I have read and what they get numbered when I add the cosmic color device w 2 strings in sequence editor. I did delete them as well and get the same result. I also removed all the timings to see if that would help which it didn’t 

• The topic was locked