Light-O-Rama Forums

Pushing LOR 5.25 gig sequence

dougd

Just finished porting over the Greatest Show from the Xlights around the world sequence. Wasn't easy but finally got it done. I ended up with a 5.25 gig sequence and it plays in the preview just fine. Will be interesting to see how it looks on the actual display. Here is what the sequence looks like in the editor and I also captured a video of the preview itself.

greatest show.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful, must take forever to save those props. I can only get away with saving 4-6 RGB lines at a time or I get a lot of errors.

Hopefully you will record it live.

I don't know how you guys get the video to stay on youtube long enough to air it.

JR

That looks really fantastic, can't wait to see the LIVE Video recording of your display in action.

J.R.  YouTube can be quite fickle, some videos stay up forever, but others with the same song used in a display like ours gets silenced or pulled down.  Just doesn't make sense at all.  

5-6 lines of RGB lights and you get errors?

I have 10 lines, 5 CCB-100 5V controllers each with 100 bulbs, 50 RGB pixels per port and I can run all that and my 4 Coro Sidewalk Incandescent Arches {12 channels} and other incan props {Blow Molds, Wall Mounted items also incans} that is additional 4 CTB16PC Gen 2 controllers {64 Channels} and I don't get any errors at all, even with all that FULL ON at the same time!   And I'm using an ANCIENT Desktop to sequence test and run the show from.

44 minutes ago, Orville said:

That looks really fantastic, can't wait to see the LIVE Video recording of your display in action.

J.R.  YouTube can be quite fickle, some videos stay up forever, but others with the same song used in a display like ours gets silenced or pulled down.  Just doesn't make sense at all.  

5-6 lines of RGB lights and you get errors?

I have 10 lines, 5 CCB-100 5V controllers each with 100 bulbs, 50 RGB pixels per port and I can run all that and my 4 Coro Sidewalk Incandescent Arches {12 channels} and other incan props {Blow Molds, Wall Mounted items also incans} that is additional 4 CTB16PC Gen 2 controllers {64 Channels} and I don't get any errors at all, even with all that FULL ON at the same time!   And I'm using an ANCIENT Desktop to sequence test and run the show from.

Orville- no problem running all of my show, my problem is the waiting time to build and save the sequences.

Some times it takes 5-10 mins to save the sequence as I add props to it, mainly RGB but once the RGB prop sequences are added and I try to add AC channels it still takes forever to save.

It takes about 2 or more hours to put an entire sequence together.

But i guess with all the pixels that’s a small price.

Hows the form affecting you?

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Orville- no problem running all of my show, my problem is the waiting time to build and save the sequences.

Some times it takes 5-10 mins to save the sequence as I add props to it, mainly RGB but once the RGB prop sequences are added and I try to add AC channels it still takes forever to save.

It takes about 2 or more hours to put an entire sequence together.

But i guess with all the pixels that’s a small price.

Hows the form affecting you?

JR

You're absolutely right about the write times.   I had one sequence that kept bombing out, just would not write it after I kept working on it, built it up, then one day, it just refused to write it out, I even left the computer alone, went to church came back after about 4-1/2 hours and it still hadn't saved it.  No idea why.

Other sequences take anywhere from 1-2 minutes, and I've had some that have taken up to 20+ minutes to save.

Never took that long until I added the RGB Controllers, when I only had 1 RGB Controller, times to save were still really quick, as I added the other 4 controllers, sometimes it felt like an eternity waiting to save the new RGB channels and every time I edit it to keep working on one 'til it's finished, seems like forever before it saves out.   I thought maybe it was because I have an older system and only 2GB of memory, but that didn't hold true, since I used another computer that has more memory and it took just as long or longer to save the sequence.

And it seems on each edit, especially in the RGB area, it takes longer and longer to save it out each successive edit.

And when I ran a test show, it sometimes even takes a long time to load in the RGB sequences too, sometimes as long as 7-10 minutes, looks like I may have to adjust my start times and estimate what time to actually start the show.  That way all the sequences can preload, then show start.  As I like to load all my sequences up front, the let the show call them as it needs them.   When I set it up to load the sequence when needed, I have some serious delay times between loading them.

Have you had any of those issues as well?

P.S.  Sorry to the OP that their thread got a bit hijacked with this.

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

OMG  A show that is almost a Gig a minute of run time

Does seem a bit excessive doesn't it for ONE song sequence? LOL

My display is itty bitty compared to his, and I looked at my files and the .lms file is 3.044K, .lcs file is 1,855K and .lsv file is 1K for the same song {of course I'm nowhere near being finished with it yet}.   And I don't even think I'll even hit the 1GB mark anytime soon, be lucky if I even hit around 2.5--3 MB in total for all 3 files.

Edited by Orville

I have several sequences that have topped the 2 gig mark and take about 10 seconds to save on the new computer, 45 seconds on the old. I also have some in which parts were created in Xlights then converted to LOR and those are the larger sequences. It seems that the conversion for some reason adds some size to the file.

Edited by Mr. P

Yeah, all of the sequences I have converted from xlights are in the 2-3 gig range. I do have one Superstar sequence that hit 1.5 gig. Most of my LOR only sequences are in the 3 hundred to 4 hundred meg range.

21 hours ago, dougd said:

Yeah, all of the sequences I have converted from xlights are in the 2-3 gig range. I do have one Superstar sequence that hit 1.5 gig. Most of my LOR only sequences are in the 3 hundred to 4 hundred meg range.

are you using a gigaswitch to connect it all?  Will be interesting to see how it runs, that's a ton of data.

• The topic was locked