Light-O-Rama Forums

Remote Pixie Status LED

randyf

I've made a custom box for a Pixie 4, and would like to add a status LED that is visible from the outside.  I know I can easily add an LED that shows power, but would prefer to be able to show the status.  Does one of the headers break out the connection for status, or would my only option be to solder wires to the PCB?  Note, the same thing applies to other Pixie's and controllers, as I would like to have this on all of my controllers.

5 hours ago, randyf said:

I've made a custom box for a Pixie 4, and would like to add a status LED that is visible from the outside.  I know I can easily add an LED that shows power, but would prefer to be able to show the status.  Does one of the headers break out the connection for status, or would my only option be to solder wires to the PCB?  Note, the same thing applies to other Pixie's and controllers, as I would like to have this on all of my controllers.

Your display is your Status if you use the First Pixel is Status indicator option in the HU applies to Port 1, closest PIX It blinks when booted

Edited by TheDucks

10 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Your display is your Status if you use the First Pixel is Status indicator option in the HU applies to Port 1, closest PIX It blinks when booted

I am aware of this, but it doesn't meet my needs.  For this status to work, the string and unit must be fully functioning.  The pixel not flashing could mean a faulty/unconnected string, a faulty unit, a faulty power supply, or even that nothing is actually wrong but pixels aren't working because the unit is misconfigured.  To trace this more, I would need to open the box.  And though this would also be true if the requested remote status not be lit, I would definitely start with verifying that power is applied and properly functioning.  But a status that flashes when not networked and solid when it is tells me the unit is working and has me trying to verify the string is actually connected and/or that the configuration is correct for that string; all without opening the box.

So, is this or one of my suggested fallbacks the only option?

• The topic was locked