Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 4 not working

kbolin10

Hooked up my new pixie 4 controller to my PC. Hooked up 16 channel controller and computer saw it. Disconnected and hooked up pixie 4. Computer can’t find it and light flashing red on controller. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, kbolin10 said:

Hooked up my new pixie 4 controller to my PC. Hooked up 16 channel controller and computer saw it. Disconnected and hooked up pixie 4. Computer can’t find it and light flashing red on controller. Am I missing something?

I assume you are using a LOR  RS485 dongle (and not DMX mode) ? 

Did you try the other RJ45 on the Pixie?

Are the 4 jumpers in LOR mode?

Is your power supply 12V (not 5V)

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I assume you are using a LOR  RS485 dongle (and not DMX mode) ? 

Did you try the other RJ45 on the Pixie?

Are the 4 jumpers in LOR mode?

Is your power supply 12V (not 5V)

Yes

yes

yes

yes

:) 

You are missing  A LOT

I would not use the "Reset/ Test" button, there is absolutely almost no need to.

To save time do a search and look for the subject "Pixie16 Help" within the first page you will find my steps to configure your pixie4, same steps just more unit ID's.

Do not rely on HU for much more than a back door test to the controller. It will make lights work as long as the HU recognizes the Unit ID, it does not mean once you close down HU that you are good to go. On the contrary there is a lot more work to do.

Find that topic as mentioned and it will/ should resolve your problem. If you find it and follow the steps and you still have issues feel free to PM me and I will help but you should be able to resolve the problems by following the steps

JR

Edited by dibblejr

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are missing  A LOT

I would not use the "Reset/ Test" button, there is absolutely almost no need to.

To save time do a search and look for the subject "Pixie16 Help" within the first page you will find my steps to configure your pixie4, same steps just more unit ID's.

Do not rely on HU for much more than a back door test to the controller. It will make lights work as long as the HU recognizes the Unit ID, it does not mean once you close down HU that you are good to go. On the contrary there is a lot more work to do.

Find that topic as mentioned and it will/ should resolve your problem. If you find it and follow the steps and you still have issues feel free to PM me and I will help but you should be able to resolve the problems by following the steps

JR

Got up this morning and I think I did all I could find. I reinstalled the driver. Restarted computer. Tried both rj45 ports. Again 16 channel LOR connects fine. Just new pixie4 won’t connect.

should I open a help desk ticket?

13 minutes ago, kbolin10 said:

Got up this morning and I think I did all I could find. I reinstalled the driver. Restarted computer. Tried both rj45 ports. Again 16 channel LOR connects fine. Just new pixie4 won’t connect.

should I open a help desk ticket?

I would. That LED blinking says it is not seeing the network.

Am I correct, it is still set at Unit ID  1? or not higher than 5 (since Standard allow 8 and a Pixie 4 uses 4)

<bulb> is this a New version Pixie4 (has 4 fuses)?  You may need to download and replace the Device file. from here http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

If you follow my aforementioned post you will resolve your issue.

Did you read and follow my instructions step by step? Something tells me you didnt or you figured once you got to a certain point you bypassed the rest.

Trust me, I’ve seen many I helped do exactly that.

JR

33 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you follow my aforementioned post you will resolve your issue.

Did you read and follow my instructions step by step? Something tells me you didnt or you figured once you got to a certain point you bypassed the rest.

Trust me, I’ve seen many I helped do exactly that.

JR

This is the first 2 that come up. The rest do not pertain to what we are talking about as far as I can tell. I went through these 2 pages and there wasn’t any specific help there. I found a troubleshooting page on LOR and it had me reboot reinstall restart and all the other re’s but non of that helped.

cluld you be a little specific about where this information may be that you guarantee can fix it?

Thanks

C15B6B23-D9E5-4763-BD05-12206CF9F6C3.jpeg

Search the forum for the subject “pixie16 help”

its no more than two days old 

Go to my user name profile and look for my replies and look for the “pixie16 help”

It is a very long step by step easy to understand process 

Or provide me with a cell # in private message and I will call you.

I am setting up but can still walk you through the process.

JR

Your controller unit I’d is not changing because you probably have the dip switch from the factory to on.

Also -

do not have more than one controller connected while trying to configure the controllers.

JR

I am on my cell, unable to link you to my step by step.

There is a box top right that says “search”

Type in “pixie16 Help “ also try “pixel 16 help” sometimes new people get the pixie and pixel name confused.

I believe it is posted in the Newbie forum

Trust me if there was a way I could link you to it I would.

Im trying to help you.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I am on my cell, unable to link you to my step by step.

There is a box top right that says “search”

Type in “pixie16 Help “ also try “pixel 16 help” sometimes new people get the pixie and pixel name confused.

I believe it is posted in the Newbie forum

Trust me if there was a way I could link you to it I would.

Im trying to help you.

JR

Ok found it. I can’t get past steps 4-5. When I refresh it says found 0 units

3 hours ago, kbolin10 said:

And my max id is set at F0

Change that to a lower HEX number , just a bit above the number of pixie ports on the Highest ID you plan  eg ID 20+ 12 ports + 2D (make it 30)  it will search faster

Edited by TheDucks

• The topic was locked