Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing New MegaTree Channels into Existing Sequences

Homuncio

I recently got a megatree kit from HolidayCoro so I have a new 16 channel AlphaPix device to incorporate into my existing sequences. Is there any easy way to import 16 new DMX devices into sequences without overwriting all the channel config that is already existing? When I use the Import Channel Configuration feature it wipes out anything that was already part of the sequence. I've used that in the past but only when I'm initially setting up a sequence.

Merging two sequences is a bit of a pain.  There is no automated way to merge two configurations.  Your best bet is to just add the channels for the AlphaPix to one of your existing sequences.  Add the new channels to the VERY BOTTOM of your existing sequence - or to the bottom of track 1 if you use more than one track.  Adding a DMX universe takes only a few seconds so it's not hard or overly time consuming to do.  Then export that configuration and use that export to import into all of your other sequences.

As for sequence data, if you have sequences that either came with the kit, or you purchased or shared from someone, generally the best way is to open your existing sequence for that song (with the added channels), and also the sequence to import and use copy and paste to copy the data over to your existing sequence.

I was afraid of that. It wouldn't be as bad if I had been better and kept all of my channels and channel groups setup exactly the same between sequences. Problem is that things have morphed over the years, adding new stuff, new songs, learning new ways to organize etc. Lessons learned, just the hard way :).  Guess I'd better get to work!

If you are just wanting to add the Alphapix channels to an existing sequence (not a sequence itself) just go to the very bottom channel in a current sequence, right click and "Add Device". If you add the Pixcon16 option in DMX mode then it will setup the channels that can be used for an Alphapix 16.

• The topic was locked