Light-O-Rama Forums

12 ribbon ccr screen

Wolffy

9 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

JR  are you saying in SS you can covert.  Ccr 12 string tree into a horizontal 12 string matrix ? 

Yes you can, however if there are images and words in it they will have to be corrected. (rotated and x/y orientation corrected)

If its a similar prop such as horizontal matrix to horizontal matrix virtually no work required. Same as a tree. However going from one to the other requires some work. Now going from a matrix to a tree is a little easier because most images will display withing the first horizontal number of rows. If you have a 24X50 matrix and want to take that to a tree then the images normally will show up in either the top or bottom 24 rows.

If it is prop for prop - tree to tree/ matrix to matrix it only takes a few seconds to convert. Normally no problems.

I don't have a clue what Ken27 is referring to since he posted in a thread that he wasn't in. Maybe he will elaborate.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
added .... rotated and x.y .....

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Wolffy said:

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

I just reread this and figured out what Rob / HS may be talking about.

It sounds like he may have thought you were buying the matrix sequence to use as a 12ccr tree.

The same type of info Dennis just asked about.

You can do that but requires a lot of effort to rotate the images and words etc. Much easier to go tree to tree or matrix to matrix. But it can be done either way. I think when I first discovered this I wasted a lot of time converting a couple matrixes I made to ccr trees. After that I decided that wasn't worth the time but I did do it,

Import the (copy) sup you are working on (matrix) in SS.

Open a new instance of SS

Use the edit all function on the donor sequence

then tools as mentioned previously

After you save the edited sized sequence - go back to tools and adjust the "layout" size to the new size.

Copy paste to the new SS

click on the image in the working grid

On the top left you will see of the image setup box you will see modify

This is where you would have to rotate the image.

Another way I did this was to modify the image in an image software first. 

Then just re enter the image in SS. I am not sure which was is faster. Its been a long time since I did that.

JR

Thanks JR I just built a 12 string  horizontal 12/50 matrix for this year have many 12 ccr tree sequences so I'll give it a try thanks for the info Dennis 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Thanks JR I just built a 12 string  horizontal 12/50 matrix for this year have many 12 ccr tree sequences so I'll give it a try thanks for the info Dennis 

I just built a 8 X 18 pixel sign matrix. I tried to copy one of my 24X50 and it didn't work so well. The patterns and effect are great but the images and pics are either way off screen or bad quality. So I just deleted the images and copy pasted effects where the images were.

Used my prop testing minidirector for this. It allowed me to place it 100' from the house without running a 100' data cable and crossing my driveway. 

JR

JR I did convert Baby shark from a 24 to a 12 matrix. not too bad. I an working on Decorations but have not tested on the real screen. on ss it looks great. I am looking for I want a hippo for xmas to finish my new songs.

Your help has been amazing. Would like the video of the conversion from tree to screen when you have time.

Wolffy

• The topic was locked