Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Question

Killer Panda

I have two 10w RGB flood lights that are 120v. I assume that the floods have a standard step down voltage to the LEDs. The question is can I convert these over to be controlled directly by the CMB24D by connecting them directly to the LEDs board?   I do not see any writing on the transformer inside the light, no voltage stamped on the LED board and my tester is dead. 

Thanks

Andy 

Yes there is. Search the forums for Flood Light Hack.  It's been too long since I've done it to explain the steps.  I do remember the red needs a resistor to step it down or you'll burn it out.

Step one, you're going to need to either fix, borrow or buy a working voltmeter.  Without KNOWING what voltage the LEDs are operating at, anything else is guessing.

• Like 1

I depend on my multimeter so much, I keep a spare. OK they are not quite identical. One has a clamp-on Amp meter, the other has a transistor function. (a side not, this one (on closeout) was cheaper than a replacement set of name brand probes)

(I also have a adapter that allows current use with standard cords  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A0MD48/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you mess with things electrical, you NEED a  trustworthy meter.

• The topic was locked