Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale - TryForFree 2018

Kyle Whitaker

I haven't seen any discussion about people receiving their summer sale orders.  Anyone else out there waiting for their order to ship?  I am guessing LOR is still backed up with certain products.

Well an hour after I posted this I got a notification it shipped.  Coincidence?  Maybe. 

Edited by Kyle Whitaker

6 hours ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

I haven't seen any discussion about people receiving their summer sale orders.  Anyone else out there waiting for their order to ship?  I am guessing LOR is still backed up with certain products.

Actually there was a discussion in a couple other posts.  I got my order shipped in less than 2 weeks of order.  However, I ordered on the first day of the sale.

4 hours ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

Well an hour after I posted this I got a notification it shipped.  Coincidence?  Maybe. 

That's what the try for free program is all about. There is a chance that the TFF orders take longer so they give a discount.

I don't think LOR sits on orders and awaits questions on the forums. 

Its more coincidence than anything else.

A couple years ago my friend got his order in Nov.

This time I ordered some small stuff on the extension day and received it last week. It just depends on their inventory.

JR

5 hours ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

they ship them in order of when they were placed, and when they have inventory to ship.  some years got them really early september, some years mid nov... doesn't matter to me as I only a christmas show...

Yeah, I wasn't really worried about it.  I just usually notice people posting that "Yeah, I got my sale order today" and I didn't see anything.  Anyone know when the TryForFree winners are announced?  Not that I would be that lucky even if my Mom says I'm a winner :) 

3 minutes ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

Yeah, I wasn't really worried about it.  I just usually notice people posting that "Yeah, I got my sale order today" and I didn't see anything.  Anyone know when the TryForFree winners are announced?  Not that I would be that lucky even if my Mom says I'm a winner :) 

In the past you were notified as soon as your order shipped.

Based on that, if you weren’t notified and received your order, you did not win.

I think you’d also see a refund on the method of paymant used.

JR

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

In the past you were notified as soon as your order shipped.

Based on that, if you weren’t notified and received your order, you did not win.

I think you’d also see a refund on the method of paymant used.

JR

I think I read somewhere that they would not announce the try for free winners until all orders were processed and shipped. I think. I could be wrong. I keep checking every day to see if there’s an announcement for the winners hoping that my name is on it but as yet nothing.   They may still be processing and shipping orders out.

21 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

I think I read somewhere that they would not announce the try for free winners until all orders were processed and shipped. I think. I could be wrong. I keep checking every day to see if there’s an announcement for the winners hoping that my name is on it but as yet nothing.   They may still be processing and shipping orders out.

"Publicly announce" but the winners probably already know who  they are.

From last years sale

"If you are a winner, once your order ships we will notify you that your order is a TryForFree winner and we will provide you with a full refund up to $1,500.00. This includes shipping and handling charges on both domestic and international orders. If your order ships before the end of the sale and later you are selected as a TryForFree winner, you will receive a refund."

JR

• The topic was locked