Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer V4.3.34 / Ws2801 RGB Pixels 100 per port

mlswayze

I am learning and starting to use Visualizer for my 2018 show.  I have a Tree that is made up of 2 strands of 100 pixels each (200 total).  These pixels are operating on port 1 and 2 of my Pixel 8 board without issue.  I am trying to create a visual tree on VI software.  I have tried the CCR Draw wizard but it only allows 50 pixels.  I have searched but I can not find anything else that will allow me to create the "strings" that I need using up to 100 pixels per strand (RGB of course).  Any ideas on how to get his done?

I also have a 360 degree star that I have also created with the ws2801 pixels which also us using 2 strings of 100 each Port 3 and 4 of my board (200 total). 

Any help would be great!

You can do strings of 100 in DMX, but not LOR channels.  Until fairly recently LOR did not have any hardware that would support more than 50 channel strings, so there was not need for Visualizer to support more than that.  Unfortunately last I had heard, LOR was not planning on adding that to S4 - rather they added that to S5.

Will the DMX allow me to have 100 RGB (300) channels per string?  Also..... I renewed my subscription recently to go to S5.  Would you recommend I do that?

Yes I am aware that Standard License allows me to use only 1 board at this time.  This is all I need for the items I have and plan to add for at least 1 more year.

Yes, DMX strings can be other lengths is S4 or S5.  Note that DMX support requires at least an Advanced level license.

54 minutes ago, mlswayze said:

Will S5 allow more than 50 pixels per string that is not DXL?

Confirmed, the answer is yes.  I just added a 100 count string of RGB pixels using LOR channels to one of my existing previews.  Worked fine.

I just upgraded to 5.1.2 and imported my sequence.  When I try to use the "previews" area, I am able to add my pixels but when I play my sequence it does not show the pixels "playing"   As a test, I reopened my original sequence and allowed it to "import" my pixels and places them at the bottom of the page.  when I play it, the pixels will "play".  if I move a existing pixel, it will allow me to move it but when I add one, it will not work.  any ideas?